• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

17 minutes ago, jlewis1111 said:

DC the new Atlanta... Just how it is. Been watching this forum all week. So much hype for what nothing today. Maybe end of month will see however winters just suck now

We have a forecasting technique which has undergone very little improvement in 20 years. Imagine if all other sciences had done same 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Picked up an inch in the past 45 minutes.  Still moderate snow.  1.6” on the snow board.

IMG_2191.thumb.jpeg.200960e995f0c50fcd672a80563ac8c3.jpeg

Wow that's awesome congrats! We got a mulch topper here in southern Jefferson County and are just rain with a few sleet pellets now.

• Like 1

Just now, WVsnowlover said:

Wow that's awesome congrats! We got a mulch topper here in southern Jefferson County and are just rain with a few sleet pellets now.

Been watching that mix line on the CC radar.  It’s approached my part of the county a few times but the wedge is holding tough here.  Hopefully it can strengthen if heavier precip comes your way this afternoon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Picked up an inch in the past 45 minutes.  Still moderate snow.  1.6” on the snow board.

IMG_2191.thumb.jpeg.200960e995f0c50fcd672a80563ac8c3.jpeg

That's awesome. 

Up to almost 1.5 here now. Been almost 2 years since we've had this much lol.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jlewis1111 said:

DC the new Atlanta... Just how it is. Been watching this forum all week. So much hype for what nothing today. Maybe end of month will see however winters just suck now

What hype? Most gave up on this threat early this week. At least for I-95. Even inland was iffy. The rest is just people being bored. 

33 degrees and flurries here. No accu. More than I was expecting. 

• Haha 1

Just pure sleet still here at Wisp but even that is pretty light. Real disappointment as far west as we are and with elevation that we can’t even get the rates for snow. Hopefully tomorrow the lingering upslope snows can at least fall throughout the day even if it doesn’t add up much

Yep traps all the cold in the winter and all the smog in the summer. 

Yea, I think ultimately we needed a fresh Canadian hp, not an antecedent airmass, at least for this particular setup. This was a useful trial run, though.
  • Like 2

i'm gonna pull a Ji...

I can see the backend down near Hillsville/Wytheville area. I've had back and forth mix of sleet and freezing rain. Heavy at times but never more than a coating before it flips to the liquid variety. Currently 31.6/31.0 and freezing rain. Trees are pretty lol. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic