• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

Until the GFS sorts out its inland low to coastal setup, the concern over temps for I95 E will remain for the next few days. Euro would be great but expect even it to move the 850 0C line a lot. 

Hope us lowlanders can get a decent snow out of this. 

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Heisy said:

End of 6z euro vs 00z.

Higher heights out in front because of the confluence ticking N, probably would have seen it bump N a little bit

e852251b482058f27bb9afb49a08b702.gif

Heights in the MA are actually lower. Trough is sharper though so not totally disagreeing but those lower heights here could keep it in about the same place.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Heisy said:

End of 6z euro vs 00z.

Higher heights out in front because of the confluence ticking N, probably would have seen it bump N a little bit

e852251b482058f27bb9afb49a08b702.gif

SW is a little more progressive and less amplified.  Also a little colder over the top despite the true arctic boundary retreating a bit.  Might be a wash. 

• Like 5

Even if this storm “fails” from a snow perspective in the cities, this is just a remarkable modeling success from literally 13-15 days lead time. We picked up this time period as soon as it was in ensemble range.

• Like 29

EPS is awful. Warmest run in 3 days 

Yep, I could see that coming after the OP. Only using the control because it tends to just follow OP at this range. The H5 almost looks identical to last nights CMC. I really really hope this was just a blip run. I really wanted to discount cmc and Ukie, but hard to now…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Is the storm track further west?

The placement of the snow on the mean doesn't look much different than 00z. Just overall less snow. 

I can’t dig too deep, work. But the track is identical. The mean is weaker also. It’s just warmer. Less confluence and high slides east. That is the most important thing unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I can’t dig too deep, work. But the track is identical. The mean is weaker also. It’s just warmer. Less confluence and high slides east. That is the most important thing unfortunately. 

Thanks.  Hopefully it's just a blip. 

The control was a big jump for just 1 run.

• Like 2

Can’t remember which model, but I picked up on weaker confluence last night. Euro 6z seems to be continuing that trend, while gfs is doing the opposite. 

We’ll have to see who is right about the confluence up north. 

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Can’t remember which model, but I picked up on weaker confluence last night. Euro 6z seems to be continuing that trend, while gfs is doing the opposite. 

We’ll have to see who is right about the confluence up north. 

They switched positions 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic