Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That area is sneaky awesome for big storms. They average a ton of snow anyway, but they can go for the stars on these easterly flow events. 

Is there a better place for big storms? I feel like Woodford consistently gets more 3ft storms than any other place. Catskills can do really well and maybe Pinkham Notch/Randolph NH?

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

28.5” and still coming down. 

Others in town saying 30+”.   I was doubting at first.  

Nice, snowblowed 3 times. 9.5", 10", 6". Got a few more for the AM. Close to 27". Looks to be stopped after 27.5hrs of nonstop snow. What a day. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Congrats!

:lol:

Despite this being the crown jewel of the undisputed worst winter of my life, I am genuinely happy for everyone that got something today.

From @Damage In Tolland and @Ginx snewxto @Sey-Mour Snow and @TalcottWx & @tavwtby

From the Mass guys @ORH_wxman and @CoastalWx & @ineedsnow to @40/70 Benchmark & @weathafella

and then the northerners— @powderfreak & @dryslot, @mahk_webstah & @MaineJayhawk

I have no idea why I’m tagging so many people, other than to say that this place is maddening and hilarious and dramatic and fun, and I appreciate the personalities, analysis, and most of all photos and observations. 

It’s a crazy community, but it’s impossible to imagine tracking and talking wx anywhere else.

Real snow will accumulate in East Hartford again someday. Just not this winter lol. 

hRDeHXT.jpg

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:lol:

Despite this being the crown jewel of the undisputed worst winter of my life, I am genuinely happy for everyone that got something today.

From @Damage In Tolland and @Ginx snewxto @Sey-Mour Snow and @TalcottWx & @tavwtby

From the Mass guys @ORH_wxman and @CoastalWx & @ineedsnow to @40/70 Benchmark & @weathafella

and then the northerners— @powderfreak & @dryslot, @mahk_webstah & @MaineJayhawk

I have no idea why I’m tagging so many people, other than to say that this place is maddening and hilarious and dramatic and fun, and I appreciate the personalities, analysis, and most of all photos and observations. 

It’s a crazy community, but it’s impossible to imagine tracking and talking wx anywhere else.

Real snow will accumulate in East Hartford again someday. Just not this winter lol. 

hRDeHXT.jpg

There's always the tropics to look forward to.

unless we get another .3" from here out looks like that's a wrap, 11.7" storm total, will see in the morning if anything else fell on the cleared spot but I have to say, 8-12 was my call from the beginning and that is about where we landed, here anyway... little higher all around me was over a foot, and damn some of the numbers from the usual spots approaching 40 is insane for like 24 hours... I will be leaving Friday morning for nearly a month in Florida so I doubt I'll see snow again until next season, so at least I was here for the nice little stretch to get me over 40 on the season... amazing that some got today what I got all season! thems the breaks.nice storm all around, what could have been if we were 5degrees colder.

• Like 1

Still lightly snowing off and on as this winds down. Pretty interesting storm and some of the heaviest rates of pasty aggregates I’ve seen in a long time. Now let’s melt this miserable shit and bring on COC. Who the hell wants a pack in March. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

unless we get another .3" from here out looks like that's a wrap, 11.7" storm total, will see in the morning if anything else fell on the cleared spot but I have to say, 8-12 was my call from the beginning and that is about where we landed, here anyway... little higher all around me was over a foot, and damn some of the numbers from the usual spots approaching 40 is insane for like 24 hours... I will be leaving Friday morning for nearly a month in Florida so I doubt I'll see snow again until next season, so at least I was here for the nice little stretch to get me over 40 on the season... amazing that some got today what I got all season! thems the breaks.nice storm all around, what could have been if we were 5degrees colder.

Not even 5, 2-3 might have done it.

31.3F, snow shut off quick when that intense band finally moved away after ripping here all through my attempted cleanup.  Haven't measured other than by snowblower bucket and snow to thy knickers, but eyeballing 20-24 inches. 

Wet stuff, tough to move, power blinking but has stayed on, amazing looking at the snow pasted on trees and wires waving in the gusts.  A few nice roars overhead - took this video w sound after round 2 cleanup - that band was just pouring snow, made for a beautiful winter walk back to the house.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 224638.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Had 7.8" with .46LE at 7pm.

28.0" total on 2.27" LE total. 34-36" OTG, most I have had personally OTG I think ever. Prob close to 30" total now I would think with good flakes still.

Def one of my favorite storms, paster makes it bit more unusual for here. 

20230314_204508_compress12.thumb.jpg.45cd47117131408fcf7d307e5c547f66.jpg

That’s awesome. What a storm for SVT and CNE elevated zones. Impressed up here but you guys got twice our amounts.  Big March storm.

1 hour ago, Potvinsux said:

Increased intensity in Warren VT again..... So damn beautiful.

The good news is the models still seem to keep the stuff going over the terrain/Spine into tomorrow.

This is QPF after 9pm tonight on the 18z EURO run.  There's still some potential to add onto today's vast over-performer event.  I can't remember one that busted this favorably in the final 24 hours.  Tick north and west with snowfall.

ecmwf-deterministic-vt-precip_48hr_inch-9014800.thumb.png.0a0e144577c7756e1f9b868a5f96c3ad.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The good news is the models still seem to keep the stuff going over the terrain/Spine into tomorrow.

This is QPF after 9pm tonight on the 18z EURO run.  There's still some potential to add onto today's vast over-performer event.  I can't remember one that busted this favorably in the final 24 hours.  Tick north and west with snowfall.

ecmwf-deterministic-vt-precip_48hr_inch-9014800.thumb.png.0a0e144577c7756e1f9b868a5f96c3ad.png

I was thinking the same thing. I was fine with 4”-6” or whatever it seemed like it was going to be. We are over 12” and that is with a several hour stoppage this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Man, for a board full of weenies I'm surprised to see all the shoddy measurement practices. 

Not expecting by-the-book necessarily, but would it kill some of you to throw out a piece of painted wood or even a cutting board? 

Measuring on decks and driveways?!  You're better than the general public, damnit!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Man, for a board full of weenies I'm surprised to see all the shoddy measurement practices. 

Not expecting by-the-book necessarily, but would it kill some of you to throw out a piece of painted wood or even a cutting board? 

Measuring on decks and driveways?!  You're better than the general public, damnit!

I have one. My clearing practices have slacked a bit but I try to be somewhat consistent in what I do. 

• Like 1

Well this is the heaviest snow since the storm began for us here. Everything's covered again. When it's all said and done we may have broken an inch and a half lol. A fitting in to a lackluster winter.

I'm actually happy for the people to my door and west that got a dumping. It was a great store for other people around me. Next year, across fingers, should be better!

10 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I will say for a ski area, here at Stowe we always have a physical measurement to verify totals.  There can be plenty of flaws but we control what we can.  And that means reliable snowfall measurements.  Consistency is key, if you always read the same number location, every time, you'll start to see what the highs and the lows are.  This was a big stack for the location that is checked twice a day most times.

335419331_195384923130375_42824096482696

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have one. My clearing practices have slacked a bit but I try to be somewhat consistent in what I do. 

Apologies, that wasn't directed at you.  Just saw an alarming amount of deck driveway measurements today - way more than I'd expect from this forum.

Clearing can be difficult to be consistent with unless you're home, I do get that. 

Haha let the boys have their fun

• Like 1
  • Confused 1