• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

Wouldn’t shock me if this delivers a top 5 all time 24-hour snowfall here at Stratton.

River of moisture straight from the storm didn’t stop all day.

Doesn’t look like there’s a direct comparison within the xmACIS2 database, but +30” in less than 24 hours...this storm delivered the goods.

Any database that I may not be aware of? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

35” reported 2 miles WNW of Peterborough (Near mount monadanock) 

33” Greenville (next to crotched mountain ) Crotched must have 40” at the top 

Tried to hike miller state park but parking lot had 30” un plowed 

Probably Greenfield - Greenville's over near New Ipswich. Tomorrow will be a good day for snowshoes.

Snow has completely stopped here. Still sitting on a very sloppy couple inches, and well on our way to yet another low bust from a warned storm unless things change dramatically overnight. I knew we weren’t going to jack, but hoped to at least approach double digits.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Snow has completely stopped here. Still sitting on a very sloppy couple inches, and well on our way to yet another low bust from a warned storm unless things change dramatically overnight. I knew we weren’t going to jack, but hoped to at least approach double digits.

I think we’re going to need a pretty good post mortem on the season. We were lights out through January, but we’ve derailed to the point that I don’t think our stats are that great currently. 

Caveat that I haven’t run the numbers yet, but the false alarm has gotten away from us.

A couple causes could be several experiments we’re running this winter. WPC QPF, NBM running through a forecast builder, etc. They can lead you astray if you don’t know how/aren’t comfortable editing. 

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think we’re going to need a pretty good post mortem on the season. We were lights out through January, but we’ve derailed to the point that I don’t think our stats are that great currently. 

Caveat that I haven’t run the numbers yet, but the false alarm has gotten away from us.

I've been keeping track of PWM, anecdotally.  Before today, forecasted amounts (last publishing prior to precip) were at 54 and change vs 52.1".  I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but iiirc the biggest miss was only like 3".  

13 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

And whats more impressive is that's depth, imagine if he cleared every 6 and reported that. Probably would be pushing 50

If we had social media for the last 80 years and if we had as many elevated real estate at ski resorts There wound be a ton more of these 35-40” burgers at 2300” in S VT history 

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If we had social media for the last 80 years and if we had as many elevated real estate at ski resorts There wound be a ton more of these 35-40” burgers at 2300” in S VT

That area is sneaky awesome for big storms. They average a ton of snow anyway, but they can go for the stars on these easterly flow events. 

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Freshman class not cutting it?

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That area is sneaky awesome for big storms. They average a ton of snow anyway, but they can go for the stars on these easterly flow events. 

They have so many more 2k spots than NH that are inhabitable or with Hotels 

i can’t find anything over 1300’ in S NH even in monads , nobody really lives there or it’s not some tourist spot 

I spoke to a personal training client that lives at 1100’ in Antrim NH where they got 30” and she said it looks like a war zone 

wish someone in Washington NH would have reported 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not too far from me. It’s been a nice moderate to occasionally heavy band the last few hours. You had 3-4” this morning right?

About that, though wet and compacting as it fell, so hard to be exact. As you note, after the initial burst, light to moderate since adding some icing on the sloppy cake.

4 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I've been keeping track of PWM, anecdotally.  Before today, forecasted amounts (last publishing prior to precip) were at 54 and change vs 52.1".  I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but iiirc the biggest miss was only like 3".  

We do well in our own backyard (like any office).

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Freshman class not cutting it?

Maybe some growing pains, but I think it’s mostly being spoon fed these new forecast processes in an attempt to make the national maps more collaborated across borders.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They have so many more 2k spots than NH that are inhabitable or with Hotels 

i can’t find anything over 1300’ in S NH even in monads , nobody really lives there or it’s not some tourist spot 

I spoke to a personal training client that lives at 1100’ in Antrim NH where they got 30” and she said it looks like a war zone 

wish someone in Washington NH would have reported 

My coworker’s brother is in Marlow. I’ll try to find out what he got tomorrow.