• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

It looks to me like this band will be the most of it. 

8" for this season. A few garbage slush events, the best event 5 inches. 

Mild temperatures galore for weeks on end, indistinguishable from spring here. This is a winter that basically wasn't. The third worst season on record, behind 94' and 97'.

It was like winter when I was a kid...in Newcastle, England. 

Screw this winter. 

Looks like we're about to get whacked with one more ML band then it's mostly over. My parents in western Nashua on the Hollis border had to have like 8-9'' compacted on the deck so I bet they got close to a foot if properly measured. 

• Like 1

3.8 here. Pretty much all of it fell last night.  Today has been either dry slot or non accumulating snow. There was a gradient across town based on latitude/ longitude. The further N/W you were the more snow you got. A couple of people reported 5 on the town forum, meanwhile my wife was down on the SE corner of town near Ellington on her way to Manchester this afternoon and said the ground was bare.  

SLP 982.4 mb at buoy 44005 (78 east Portsmouth NH) 43.2N 69.1W) with N wind 25-35 knots falling off a bit past two hours, from that and radar would estimate low is 980 mb at about 42.7 N 68.7 W future track likely WSW, SSW, SE past Cape Cod. Won't get much closer to BOS than 70W maybe 69.7? Could deepen a few mbs to 977 mbs by 03z. GFS maybe had the loop but a bit too close to coast, but the longer and slower it loops, the more snow will accumulate in those bands. 

18 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

beast mode there, what you up to?

About 14” on winter hill so far. But man, literally about 5 miles northwest where they weren’t flirting as close with the 0C line at 925 overnight, they have 20-24” (and then another 10 miles further north is where the 30 burgers might happen) There was both an elevation gradient and a geographical one around the city of Worcester because that 925-950 0C line was almost overhead for about 6-8 straight hours last night. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

About 14” on winter hill so far. But man, literally about 5 miles northwest where they weren’t flirting as close with the 0C line at 925 overnight, they have 20-24” (and then another 10 miles further north is where the 30 burgers might happen) There was both an elevation gradient and a geographical one around the city of Worcester because that 925-950 0C line was almost overhead for about 6-8 straight hours last night. 

nice, other than those who were unfortunate to not flip last night, that insane tracking leading up to this was worth the headache, my biggest storm in I believe 5 years... what's funny is my wife had a memory from 6 years ago where I was wearing my snow cleaning gear, so March of 17, I think I got over 16 on that one, have to check the archives... looks like we still have a few hours to go here too

I literally have 0 inches on the ground right now....my 1 inch that fell earlier in the day has completely melted. I have never seen it snow all day long and have nothing to show for it by the end of the day. The best example of white rain that I can think of....still snowing and 34⁰. This winter can move along now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1