Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

32 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Looks like we're about to get whacked with one more ML band then it's mostly over. My parents in western Nashua on the Hollis border had to have like 8-9'' compacted on the deck so I bet they got close to a foot if properly measured. 

So far, this band has been fairly underwhelming. Dendies still pounding up there, so maybe it'll pick up. 

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I literally have 0 inches on the ground right now....my 1 inch that fell earlier in the day has completely melted. I have never seen it snow all day long and have nothing to show for it by the end of the day. The best example of white rain that I can think of....still snowing and 34⁰. This winter can move along now.

I've seen something similar before over here... in January of this year. :axe:

Just painful to watch. Temperature has been basically locked at 34 with a few short ticks up to 35 with mostly white rain since around 10 AM. Had some brief accumulating snow just prior to that.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

About 14” on winter hill so far. But man, literally about 5 miles northwest where they weren’t flirting as close with the 0C line at 925 overnight, they have 20-24” (and then another 10 miles further north is where the 30 burgers might happen) There was both an elevation gradient and a geographical one around the city of Worcester because that 925-950 0C line was almost overhead for about 6-8 straight hours last night. 

Do you live in winter hill? Is that in Worcester? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

plainville NY, 36" and still snowing... Windsor Mass 31", also still snowing, some incredible amounts coming in.

Couldn’t believe the difference around 2pm driving thru Winsted on rt44 was just wet, going into Colebrook to the windfarm on the top of Flagg hill road, climbing out of Winsted on 44 through the rock cut the snow picked up intensity and road was covered, easily 16-18” when I got to Flagg hill and wires/trees down everywhere 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

I've seen something similar before over here... in January of this year. :axe:

Just painful to watch. Temperature has been basically locked at 34 with a few short ticks up to 35 with mostly white rain since around 10 AM. Had some brief accumulating snow just prior to that.

We had shit rates. Even if it was 15 degrees, we wouldn’t have accumulated much either(1/4” maybe if it was cold and below freezing).  It just snowed to lightly…I mean spitting a few flakes and sleet pellets all day, despite being in the solid snow echos most all day.  Just a Ridiculous POS! 

• Like 1

I'm glad I went out and cleaned the taters earlier, because having another few inches of better ratio stuff on top of that would have been a mess, especially with the wind blowing it all back in the face... decided against the shield on the new blower, which would have probably been the best attribute of it, first gear is so fast, the blower bounces instead of putting along, and the new "smart steering" technology has me fighting the blower on where I want to go, as opposed to where it goes, gonna take some getting used to...btw, still poundtown here, vis is a few hundred yards for over an hour now.

1 minute ago, Johnno said:

Couldn’t believe the difference around 2pm driving thru Winsted on rt44 was just wet, going into Colebrook to the windfarm on the top of Flagg hill road, climbing out of Winsted on 44 through the rock cut the snow picked up intensity and road was covered, easily 16-18” when I got to Flagg hill and wires/trees down everywhere 

yeah nuts the difference just a few miles and a little elevation made...as I said before, east side of the river in Enfield, nada otg and 35... barkhamsted up on 219, was over a foot