Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is just a wave of moisture moving inland, thermals determine p-type.  Big precipitation events are largely made up of atmospheric water going inland and then switching direction to the north and west, dragging that atmospheric water back out to sea.

Some would call it a river.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

WTH is this map :lol:

WinterPrecipOnset.jpg

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That may be the worst product I’ve ever seen.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Very busy looking but It does show you how much Incredibly faster elevations flip

This is what happens when you auto-generate images. It's winter precip onset, so it's probably something like when snow becomes 50% PoP. So you nail it that the higher elevations flip first and then it gradually works towards the lower elevations and coast, giving it the blocky look. 

Now the color table is trash, since it duplicates colors.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

This is what happens when you auto-generate images. It's winter precip onset, so it's probably something like when snow becomes 50% PoP. So you nail it that the higher elevations flip first and then it gradually works towards the lower elevations and coast, giving it the blocky look. 

Now the color table is trash, since it duplicates colors.

I respect their intentions

R (5).jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Looks like somebody went waaaay over their head last night with definite  statements like “severe storm” and “big one” for EMass.   Not even close lol

Kind of like you making a definitive statement that the possibility of that outcome is “not even close” when it’s still clearly on the table? 

On a different note that precip onset time is one of the grossest things I’ve seen put out by a WFO. Has to be computer generated. 

This is the ultimate FU to an already horrific winter. I didn't think id see a winter worse than 19-20 for another 10 years or so, since it was almost as bad as 01-02.

BDR has a high likelihood of breaking their all-time futility record. They are at 4.9" right now and 8.2" is the record, so they need 3.3" to tie that. Almost certainly not happening with this storm imo

• Sad 2