Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wa wa Wachusett 

Dude, so consistent there for you & company.  Northern ORH County on each and every model run.  The ratios also have an actual shot at 10:1 there too.

East flow does upslope and leads to forced parcel ascent cooling there.  Every few tenths of a degree of cooling will make a big difference in these marginal events.  Low level air rising over you vs sinking over you, will define the event IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dude, so consistent there for you & company.  Northern ORH County on each and every model run.  The ratios also have an actual shot at 10:1 there too.

I already told my wife we road trip after they clean up. Could you imagine 30 inches of paste!

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t recall such crazy ranges in tracks this close to an event. It’s amazing. Any slight deviation in short wave intensity and location is going to mean a lot for those sort of on the line.

Only thing that’s a lot is Dave getting smoked lol. 

Dave and Pete and Mitch. Mitch may be high card with big ratios.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

So just how good is the resolution? I mean, I know they are clown maps....but even a shift southeast of 10 miles make a ridiculous difference in a few inches to power outage type snows....

Screenshot_20230312-200730.png.63c82181930128481368870072eb7bc7.png

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

So just how good is the resolution? I mean, I know they are clown maps....but even a shift southeast of 10 miles make a ridiculous difference in a few inches to power outage type snows....

Most of that is fake accumulation honestly right on that edge. 925 is torched for half of that. The purple line probably about 1-3”.. then 6”+ Litchfield hills. 

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I'm in the same boat, a few runs had me at 20+ and some under 8 inches, right now I'm on the edge of double digits.

4 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

How Many….. EFFING Models Runs will have ORH County with 30”+ and Me with 3”.  

This is Purr Insanity.  The 5th Model Run in 24 hours with that exact solution.  

A7F5A6E0-4E60-4DBC-ACA0-B6E558AF9552.jpeg

The models are signaling a strong elevation event for the interior hills. The lower elevations and coastal plain will depend on exact evolution and precip rates.

Take 6-7:1 ratio in the lower elevation snow column, and 8-10:1 ratio in the higher elevation. Adjust map as needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t recall such crazy ranges in tracks this close to an event. It’s amazing. 

Really, because I think the sentiment you are expressing has been expressed every other storm on here. The uncertainty of the forecast is amplified by the weenies on the edges who are tracking every vacillation to the point of insanity, laughing, I might add, at more steady and conservative approaches by the likes of box, for not hoisting em, raising em, and, presumably, jerking them knees. 

The thing here is all the normal evolution of the storm uncertainties, track, etc. are even more amplified by the liminal temps. I'm fascinated to see how it pans out. I think this will be increasingly how I have to appreciate winter weather given my location and, well, you know. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

EPS looking ok according to Scoots

Yes... As he noted, eps appears to suggest op is a bit too far east.  I'm with Tip concerning significant unknowns about how things can rapidly develop in ways you don't see coming well in advance with setups as dynamic as this at mid-levels.  Maybe it plays out as modeled but I think we might have some significant nowcast issues down the road.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NeonPeon said:

Really, because I think the sentiment you are expressing has been expressed every other storm on here. The uncertainty of the forecast is amplified by the weenies on the edges who are tracking every vacillation to the point of insanity, laughing, I might add, at more steady and conservative approaches by the likes of box, for not hoisting em, raising em, and, presumably, jerking them knees. 

The thing here is all the normal evolution of the storm uncertainties, track, etc. are even more amplified by the liminal temps. I'm fascinated to see how it pans out. I think this will be increasingly how I have to appreciate winter weather given my location and, well, you know. 

I’m not talking about the uncertainties due to temps, I’m talking about low tracks 200 miles apart depending on the model. That’s insane this close to an event. 

• Like 6