• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

Not sure how many people know this, but the NAM was supposed to be retired by now. There’s a model that’s already running that’s supposed to be it’s replacement. Forget what it’s called but I’ll try to find its forecast through our Philly met. for this storm and post it. I’m not going to be able to chase this one, so that’s a full year without seeing 1 inch of snow for me. Going to be a long summer. Good luck

5 minutes ago, FXWX said:

By wiping down & tanking up my tractor this afternoon, I came back in to check trends?  The old don't touch the money curse come is starting to haunt me!  Worried about Murphy's Law syndrome.

PXL_20230312_195458332.jpg

oh that's nice, sit down and clean! no fighting the new snowblower

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Skip Bennington head up to Woodford 

Who the hell would drive to Bennington for a snow storm , great downslope snow hole and poorer ratios in thus set up . 10-20 miles west prob gets 2-3x as much at 1800-2200’

joe must not know S VT climo , just tryin to help joe 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Who the hell would drive to Bennington for a snow storm , great downslope snow hole and poorer ratios in thus set up . 10-20 miles west prob gets 2-3x as much at 1800-2200’

joe must not know S VT climo , just tryin to help joe 

Remember when Phin said he was considering Bennington until Will told him no, get yourself to that Randolph cabin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenmtnwx said:

Remember when Phin said he was considering Bennington until Will told him no, get yourself to that Randolph cabin. 

Ya I mean unless you check a topo map AND understand orographic lift and the degree of its benefits I’m sure many weenies have been led astray 

with the models showing big lift between 5-7H from the mid level lows going under and the way 2k helps temps in addition to ESE to E  flow at 850 cranking , (I think that  helps ) I wound imagine 25-30”somewhere between Berks and S VT on E slope And potentially even higher if things line up 

22 minutes ago, FXWX said:

By wiping down & tanking up my tractor this afternoon, I came back in to check trends?  The old don't touch the money curse come is starting to haunt me!  Worried about Murphy's Law syndrome.

PXL_20230312_195458332.jpg

You probably cleared your driveway and everyone else's for a 40 mile radius.  Best snowblower ever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

He almost did Lancaster/Whitefield NH too and those are downslope hellscapes for snow weenies too (but they do get epic frigid in winter). 

Anyways, hoping for better trends at 00z with the CCB. 

Spent the past few hours typing away at the blog. Updated forecast. these are the changes from my map yesterday

• Added a 20-30'' contour within the Berkshires where orographic enhancement combined with the greatest ratios will occur. 
  • 18-24'' contour was reduced to 16-20''.
  • 12-18'' contour was adjusted to 12-16'' and also pushed farther east through Litchfield County, CT, far northwestern New Haven County, CT, and far western Hartford County, CT to account for the higher elevation and higher totals.
  • 6-12'' contour was adjusted to 8-12''.
  • 3-6'' contour was adjusted to 4-8'' and this contour brought higher into the Connecticut Valley to reflect subsidence concerns.
  • 2-4'' contour for the Connecticut shoreline with a 1-3'' contour added in eastern Massachusetts.

image.thumb.png.ad56eb99152d165de28be88db175c370.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I still love the blizzard warnings in the Dakotas for 2-3'' of snow with 60 mph winds...now that's a blizzard haha (ground blizzard anyways)

you see my post a little bit up, described exactly that, was outside Minneapolis and literally 2" otg and completely white out, like 50-60mph winds and cold as I ever felt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amped said:

This should be a rather helpful guide.

Nothing to do w/ New England, except NBM, half of NWS Houston's AFD's are why they are deviating significantly from the NBM.  

I'm mixing 12Z NAM (but cutting snow Long Island and Boston metro in half due temps) and Tip's discussions, best realistic result for Massapequa 11758 and North Quincy.

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

you see my post a little bit up, described exactly that, was outside Minneapolis and literally 2" otg and completely white out, like 50-60mph winds and cold as I ever felt.

Obviously never witnessed in person, but the videos that come out of there are insane. They'll close long stretches of highways in that stuff b/c it's way too dangerous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Obviously never witnessed in person, but the videos that come out of there are insane. They'll close long stretches of highways in that stuff b/c it's way too dangerous. 

yeah, believe it was Burnsville, and yeah they closed I think it's I35, was insane a couple days later it was like 50

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Spent the past few hours typing away at the blog. Updated forecast. these are the changes from my map yesterday

• Added a 20-30'' contour within the Berkshires where orographic enhancement combined with the greatest ratios will occur. 
  • 18-24'' contour was reduced to 16-20''.
  • 12-18'' contour was adjusted to 12-16'' and also pushed farther east through Litchfield County, CT, far northwestern New Haven County, CT, and far western Hartford County, CT to account for the higher elevation and higher totals.
  • 6-12'' contour was adjusted to 8-12''.
  • 3-6'' contour was adjusted to 4-8'' and this contour brought higher into the Connecticut Valley to reflect subsidence concerns.
  • 2-4'' contour for the Connecticut shoreline with a 1-3'' contour added in eastern Massachusetts.

image.thumb.png.ad56eb99152d165de28be88db175c370.png

Just slide the Berks shade Over a bit as E slope goes into the county to the East 

• Like 1