Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty good mid level look in ern areas, but yeah..that low pivots real far out.

At some point that low chasing the convection is either going to happen or it isn’t. That little vort doesn’t want to get phased into the northern stream like we saw on many previous runs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WeatherWilly said:

Well we needed this here to salvage this winter. Doesn't look good. A lot has to right this late for things to work out.

It's too painful to even post my seasonal accumulation to this point. 

O please

I'm at 1.7 down here in NYC

Disgusting

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The overwhelmingly powerful moving synoptic parts will obliterate the BL warming ... much more likely in a uniform result.  Too much tech dive is obfuscating common sense - not just in here but in the general Met community. 

These subsuming N/stream fusion into diabatic inject S/streamers, become dynamic hammers ( in the maudlin turn of phrase).  None of the interpolated snow products ...and ( I feel ) quite a bit of human interpretation, are not getting the big picture here of what this kind of event is capable of becoming.  Hopefully the nit picking keeps it upper pedestrian/lower major like that...  Heh.

Just like no one guessed a tropospheric fold would strafe SE zones with sustained 'cane winds in 2005, or how 128/95 becomes a stranded parking lot on the eve of 1978 Feb 6 ... the upper bounders like to impose "wild card" severity.  This one fits that ilk.    

I'm particularly concerned along a Willimantic CT to Bebford MA where for a time, thick caking/rhyme snow may then freeze while being struck with high winds into that snow loaded infrastructure.

Otherwise, I'm not too concerned about the risk for heavy snow as singular metric. I've seen this town cut through 22" snow storm twice and I was able to hit the gym later the same afternoon ... Snow, alone, is not the same beast to civility it was 40 years ago. But, if the visibility is very low and the wind manages to gust in the interior and the temperature is 30 F ... this turns into a different animal.  

I don't buy the 18z NAM and other waffling as negation.   It's roughly half way between the 12z and the oddly barren 00z run ...and is more a reflection of wobbling with the internal physics ( giga noise).  It's too possible that a dangerous scenario unfolds to worry about that, as the players are not in question - unlike other events this year.  They are pretty well accounted for.

The GFS is largely dismissed

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The overwhelmingly powerful moving synoptic parts will obliterate the BL warming ... much more likely in a uniform result.  Too much tech dive is obfuscating common sense - not just in here but in the general Met community. 

These subsuming N/stream fusion into diabatic inject S/streamers, become dynamic hammers ( in the maudlin turn of phrase).  None of the interpolated snow products ...and ( I feel ) quite a bit of human interpretation, are not getting the big picture here of what this kind of event is capable of becoming.  Hopefully the nit picking keeps it upper pedestrian/lower major like that...  Heh.

Just like no one guessed a tropospheric fold would strafe SE zones in 2005, or how 128/95 becomes a stranded parking lot on the even of 1978 Feb 6 ... the upper bounders like impose "wild card" severity.  This one fits that ilk.    

I'm particularly concerned along a Willimantic CT to Bebford MA where for a time, thick caking/rhyme snow may then freeze while being struck with high winds into that snow loaded infrastructure.

Otherwise, I'm not too concerned about the risk for heavy snow as singular metric. I've seen this town cut through 22" snow storm twice and I was able to hit the gym later the same afternoon ... Snow, alone, is not the same beast to civility it was 40 years ago. But, if the visibility is very low and the wind manages to gust in the interior and the temperature is 30 F ... this turns into a different animal.  

I don't buy the 18z NAM and other waffling as negation.   It's roughly half way between the 12z and the oddly barren 00z run ...and is more a reflection of wobbling with the internal physics ( giga noise).  It's too possible that a dangerous scenario unfolds to worry about that, as the players are not in question - unlike other events this year.  They are pretty well accounted for.

The GFS is largely dismissed

Tip gone wild. You love to see it. 

• Like 1