Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 st/Feb 1st Clipper Obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

3.0"/0.19" here. Not bad... looks beautiful out there this morning.

Finished with just under 4" here in Southington (3.8").  Nice event here considering we were looking at a covering a couple days prior.  We take! 

Ryan, question for you, you mentioned on the news last evening that Temps were going to rise overnight?  They actually Dropped 4 degrees at my place, and dropped in most places, instead of rising like you had forecasted?  Any idea why they didn't rise like expected?

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Finished with just under 4" here in Southington (3.8").  Nice event here considering we were looking at a covering a couple days prior.  We take! 

Ryan, question for you, you mentioned on the news last evening that Temps were going to rise overnight?  They actually Dropped 4 degrees at my place, and dropped in most places, instead of rising like you had forecasted?  Any idea why they didn't rise like expected?

Not to speak for Ryan, but it looks like you guys cleared out and went calm so you radiated a bit. You'll warm and mix out today once the westerlies get down to the sfc.

10 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah its not a "ratter" by any means in CT. When you are at or near normal, thats exactly what it is...an average ho-hum winter. A ratter is 2001-2002. That is everyone's worst nightmare.

Last year was actually pretty good i got about 140% of normal snowfall. 2 events over 10", 2 warnings, 2 adivsory events. Jan 23rd was awesome, 14.4" final from the possibility of it missing us only the night before..

Hey Bud, finished with just under 4 inches in Southington(3.8").

At 26 inches for the season so far..not to shabby to be a tad over half way to your average on Feb 1st.  

Archived