Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 st/Feb 1st Clipper Obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Look like a Berks jack in SNE with 6.0" in Lanesborough MA and 4.5" in Pittsfiled MA.

BERKSHIRE COUNTY...
   LANESBOROUGH           6.0   616 AM  2/01  
   PITTSFIELD                  4.5   743 AM  2/01 

Big time Mehville here with just 1.0"

Mehbe an inch at my place.  But any snow is good snow.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3.1" total. Right in our 2-4" range..but less than i thought going to bed last night

Storm worked out perfect, looks like a solid 2-4 statewide, although im not sure about litchfield county as there is only one report there of 1.2" so might be 2-4 for the state with 1-2 NW. I will make a map later on, anyone in litchfield county or in remote locations around the state PM me the totals please or quote this post.

Right here in North Haven we saw 3.3-4 depending on where you are in the town.

Cay56upture.JPG

About one inch in Augusta when I was outside 45 minutes ago, -SN continues to dump snow at about 1/4" per hour.  Barely a dusting when I left home at 6:45, and radar looks significantly less interesting there than here at the office.  However, even 1"  will help, once it bonds atop the crust and ice.  (Though at first it exponentially decreases friction.)

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Not to speak for Ryan, but it looks like you guys cleared out and went calm so you radiated a bit. You'll warm and mix out today once the westerlies get down to the sfc.

Exactly - I didn't expect us to radiate and temperatures were pretty much steady all night before dipping right around 6 a.m. 

Cool temp traces. I looked at my thermometer this morning after seeing clear skies and said, "oops"

23 hours ago, weathafella said:

Done.  Time to move to Florida.

19 hours ago, weathafella said:

What a fukking ratter!

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

Melt cancel?

18 hours ago, weathafella said:

This event blows dead rats.  This winter on balance to date is among the all time duds.  And I had the worst forecast of anyone.  I can't wait till it's warm enough to not even think about this abortion.

How much time and effort over nothing?  Awful season!

Man that may have worked!  All of a sudden better flakes falling.

23 hours ago, weathafella said:

19 hours ago, weathafella said:

What a fukking ratter!

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

Melt cancel?

This event blows dead rats.  This winter on balance to date is among the all time duds.  And I had the worst forecast of anyone.  I can't wait till it's warm enough to not even think about this abortion.

How much time and effort over nothing?  Awful season!

Man that may have worked!  All of a sudden better flakes falling.

worth repeating

17 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah its not a "ratter" by any means in CT. When you are at or near normal, thats exactly what it is...an average ho-hum winter. A ratter is 2001-2002. That is everyone's worst nightmare.

Last year was actually pretty good i got about 140% of normal snowfall. 2 events over 10", 2 warnings, 2 adivsory events. Jan 23rd was awesome, 14.4" final from the possibility of it missing us only the night before..

Well, to be fair, it is location dependant even within this great state. Last winter I missed the Jan blizzard by about 15miles. I ended up 65% of my avg, so it was bad here. This winter im at 20" which is behind the curve for the moment. If I miss out on another big one, should it come, then its another bad winter. Problem I see with my location is I can be too south with getting the goods when Litchfield cashes and too far North or West when the miller Bs pound ECT. I need Jan 2011 or Oct 2011 type tracks which hav become practically extinct. 

Archived