joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal Part Deux

DDweatherman

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll know by midnight where we are headed. The track is great but the cold air just marginal. We are going to need a 30.30+ baro by midnight to get it done, 30.05-30.20 just wont do it. So for Greenbelt, Beltsville, Silver Spring and points north and west up to 20 miles I think all rain is the worst, 6" the best, and 1 to up to 4 more n&w the most likely.

I'll know by midnight where we are headed. The track is great but the cold air just marginal. We are going to need a 30.30+ baro by midnight to get it done, 30.05-30.20 just wont do it. So for Greenbelt, Beltsville, Silver Spring and points north and west up to 20 miles I think all rain is the worst, 6" the best, and 1 to up to 4 more n&w the most likely.

I'll know by 4pm tomorrow

that's not happening...

Here is my forecast for DC

3pm update - Final Call for DC Proper - confidence level - medium

Rain starting around 4 am. Mixing with and possibly changing to snow in the early afternoon. Temperatures slowly falling into the mid 30s. Mixed bag tapers off late afternoon. Accumulations of a trace to 1", with any 1" amounts mostly relegated to NW DC above 200'. I expect no street stickage at all. Any accumulated snow will be on car tops, grass, tables, benches, and will likely melt during lighter periods of precip. This is basically a non-event.

Thanksgiving day will be cloudy with highs in the low to mid 40s. There may be a sprinkle, flurry or snow shower in the morning, but nothing that sticks.

Rain starting around 4 am. Mixing with and possibly changing to snow in the early afternoon. Temperatures slowly falling into the mid 30s. Mixed bag tapers off late afternoon. Accumulations of a trace to 1", with any 1" amounts mostly relegated to NW DC above 200'. I expect no street stickage at all. Any accumulated snow will be on car tops, grass, tables, benches, and will likely melt during lighter periods of precip. This is basically a non-event.

Thanksgiving day will be cloudy with highs in the low to mid 40s. There may be a sprinkle, flurry or snow shower in the morning, but nothing that sticks.

Sad forecast but accurate.

Good call and I agree on all fronts (unfortunately for DC).  I do like seeing a juiced SS storm early in the season - hope it bodes well once we have a more favorable air mass in the middle of winter. 

Good call.

Maybe 1" above 225'

Archived