Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal Part Deux

DDweatherman

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm evolution seems to be a little bit slower. There is snow now following above 2500 feet in southwest Virginia. That's about what the models said. Going off of the soundings the changeover and Roanoke in Lynchburg should happen as early as 8 AM and as late as 10 AM with several hours of moderate to heavy snowfall

wow, bullish!

We will find out very soon if I'm right or not. I went with a blend of the rgem euro and sref. All indicated northern Carroll should be snow by 8am. In my time here when surface temps are the issue we have always seemed to do well. Obviously everything must come to an end eventually so perhaps this is the storm we finally don't win out on. I guess technically its snowing here now but it's pathetic and a loong way to go before it could accumulate. Temp isn't dropping fast enough for my liking.

We will find out very soon if I'm right or not. I went with a blend of the rgem euro and sref. All indicated northern Carroll should be snow by 8am. In my time here when surface temps are the issue we have always seemed to do well. Obviously everything must come to an end eventually so perhaps this is the storm we finally don't win out on. I guess technically its snowing here now but it's pathetic and a loong way to go before it could accumulate. Temp isn't dropping fast enough for my liking.

Kiss your baby...it's gonna be alright!!

After last night's Euro came in pretty wet I felt better about getting decent precip left in the area throughout the afternoon but again everything just looked a little too warm for a quick changeover even here. Before I went to bed I was thinking it would take until at least 9 before we get a complete changeover. I think that's the key so we have about 45 minutes to transition. We'll find out soon enough. Temps just haven't cooled fast enough yet but there looks like some very impressive echoes moving in so hopefully that helps cool things. If we don't switch by 10 we're in trouble.

Archived