joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal Part Deux

DDweatherman

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the gap between 18z and 0z model suite can now be filled with hourly analysis of the RAP and HRRR. Though didn't the RAP suck with temps during marginal events last year?

The HRRR was/is a lot better...I've seen it nail even the smallest of microscale behavior(s)..right down to 5-mile wiggles in the 32 degree isotherm..

Where is that 1036 high right now, I do not see it. The low track is a stone 10 but absent any high it's going to ahve to do all the work itself and that is a low probability.

Isn't the SLP just a little too close to the coast? I've always thought (maybe incorrectly) that these coastals need to be a little further off the coast in order to get the benefit of a more northerly wind direction, especially in this type of situation where there is no real cold source?

Isn't the SLP just a little too close to the coast? I've always thought (maybe incorrectly) that these coastals need to be a little further off the coast in order to get the benefit of a more northerly wind direction, especially in this type of situation where there is no real cold source?

Quick moving system, not very deep. Track along or east of Ocean City is a good track. Airmass is not cold to begin and in this case we are relying on dynamic and evaporative cooling.

Archived