Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Force shield of warmth in the northeast prevails. This yawner of a frontal wave didn’t stand a chance.

Cold anomalies? Not here. At least not yet…

BD59B0C2-6533-4FFF-B5D5-6FB282E970F9.gif

Pretty solid 24 hour temperature change. 
From feeling like 60 Friday morning to more like 10-15 just 12-24 hours later will be a shock even though it’s not much below average. 

91BD7E9E-22C7-43FA-8290-3C35B9388E43.png

B2F738EB-517F-47A6-AA6D-2A0D4D76BE6C.png

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Peepers out! Nature knows. They don’t come out until they know they can survive. We end it 

It’s an impressive and funny indication of the winter so far.  Those things (not many living things) have no long term predictive power, but they certainly know when things are running ahead of schedule in ground/water environmental temps.  More indicative of the recent past than the future if you really think about it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s an impressive and funny indication of the winter so far.  Those things (not many living things) have no long term predictive power, but they certainly know when things are running ahead of schedule in ground/water environmental temps.  More indicative of the recent past than the future if you really think about it.

It is funny how nature knows and gives signals . When the peepers (or poopers) come out.. it is natures signal that winter is over.. regardless of what the latest weeklies run says . They’re not going to come out knowing a frigid , snowy period is coming . It’s pretty simple to see what’s coming 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Pretty solid 24 hour temperature change. 
From feeling like 60 Friday morning to more like 10-15 just 12-24 hours later will be a shock even though it’s not much below average. 

91BD7E9E-22C7-43FA-8290-3C35B9388E43.png

B2F738EB-517F-47A6-AA6D-2A0D4D76BE6C.png

It will be a relative shock, but this is weak sauce. 

I think guidance is too cold again (shocker I know).  

This thing is stale surface cold and it’s not being reinforced from upper levels or surface CAD out of Canada; it’s basically cut off. There’s also relatively warm air masses all around it. This ain’t done moderating.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is funny how nature knows and gives signals . When the peepers (or poopers) come out.. it is natures signal that winter is over.. regardless of what the latest weeklies run says . They’re not going to come out knowing a frigid , snowy period is coming . It’s pretty simple to see what’s coming 

You crack me up Kev...  I have a vision of a group peepers sitting around their weather office on mini-computers arguing about whether or not the -NAO is going to pop or not, and will the MJO ever make it to phase 8... lol   Then they grab their cell phones and starts spreading the word!!!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How will the peepers survive tomorrow night?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who are better forecasters:

• Humans
  • Squirrels
  • Ground hogs
  • Peepers

So I just saw the oddest thing. I just so happened to flip through the three  different stations here in Connecticut for the weather. Both WTNH and WVIT are calling for temperatures in the upper 30s to low 40s from next Wednesday on. They both show chances of mix or snow and/or rain... something wintry. Wfsb however Shows temperatures next Thursday at 60? Something seems off. It just seems way odd like they're almost taking this week and putting it into next week. I almost feel like they made a mistake lol

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So I just saw the oddest thing. I just so happened to flip through the three  different stations here in Connecticut for the weather. Both WTNH and WVIT are calling for temperatures in the upper 30s to low 40s from next Wednesday on. They both show chances of mix or snow and/or rain... something wintry. Wfsb however Shows temperatures next Thursday at 60? Something seems off. It just seems way odd like they're almost taking this week and putting it into next week. I almost feel like they made a mistake lol

It’s a week out. News forecasts can vary greatly at that lead time, really any forecast can vary greatly that far out. Not that odd.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It’s a week out. News forecasts can vary greatly at that lead time, really any forecast can vary greatly that far out. Not that odd.  

Not on this one. For two of the three major channels here in Connecticut in the Hartford area, again two of them have it on the colder and winter side. The one has it at 60° which is so different than the other two. Two. Anyway, it's not normal. Yes, I've seen differences from one to the next but not this extreme. We shall see what happens

• Weenie 1