Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.png

Need to elongate the vertical front a little more….

You and I have talked about this before…but if we got an equivalent of the 1888 setup in 2023, you wonder if someone could pull 60+ with the added moisture in the atmosphere compared to then when spots pulled 50. These are hypothetical scenarios but there is definitely a return rate on something like that…whether it’s 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 years it’s hard to say. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just give us one big dog and call it a season. I’ll even go feed some geese if it helps. 

I just had that thought.  Just bring a regionwide like 10”+ and call it a year. Snowpack outside walking the dog is like 6-7” of QPF-rich granular.  Certainly very warm for mid-February and sun angle starts to lean warmer.  Still early enough though to score even a brief wintery week, as low a shot as it seems sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Need to elongate the vertical front a little more….

You and I have talked about this before…but if we got an equivalent of the 1888 setup in 2023, you wonder if someone could pull 60+ with the added moisture in the atmosphere compared to then when spots pulled 50. These are hypothetical scenarios but there is definitely a return rate on something like that…whether it’s 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 years it’s hard to say. 

Imagine the melts. 

DE782B1D-1049-4DF9-891B-5183CAC6373D.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1

Just now, dryslot said:

The big dog comes in April this year when everyone's guard is down.

Like ‘97. I’ve said the story before but I remember 3 days before that system it was 65-70F with a light breeze and I was outside at the local driving range practicing since varsity golf tryouts in highschool were about a week away….some guys near me were talking about how they heard on the news that we might get 6 inches of snow in a few days and they were laughing at how the weathermen were likely all full of shit…I made a comment to them that it could be even more than 6” and they laughed it off as me being a dumb high schooler who didn’t know any better. I always wondered what their reaction was a few days later when they cracked 30”+. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

What app? I'll have to check it out. I'm new to IPas. My favorite is the victory sour monkey go to... But heady topper is the best I've ever had. 

Best app ever . You don’t find this for weed . It’s not just for IPA’s. It’s for any and all types of beer. What I love is I can go on and see what beers are rated high vs low , understand my friends preferences, look at the overall  rating , and know what to buy and what not to buy. 

Beer

https://untappd.com/

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Like ‘97. I’ve said the story before but I remember 3 days before that system it was 65-70F with a light breeze and I was outside at the local driving range practicing since varsity golf tryouts in highschool were about a week away….some guys near me were talking about how they heard on the news that we might get 6 inches of snow in a few days and they were laughing at how the weathermen were likely all full of shit…I made a comment to them that it could be even more than 6” and they laughed it off as me being a dumb high schooler who didn’t know any better. I always wondered what their reaction was a few days later when they cracked 30”+. :lol:

I had a convo like that several days before Oct11 except I brought up the possible snower with a bunch of strangers, and was laughed at. I wonder if they were still laughing in their dark homes for 10 days afterwards.