Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

500 mb change on an op run. What did you warn us about there coffee guy.

The seasonal bias needs way more weight than most seasons. If you see snow down into NYC then this forum night have a chance. Otherwise it’s far NNE, S CA, N ME stripe. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, FXWX said:

I'll let him chat about his March thoughts.  Not sure there is much confidence overall other than it's unlikely to take a deep prolonged dive below normal.  Probably some modest cold intrusions but don't see a reason at this time to call for long running cold regime.  The crappy cold season waits until April and we early May, as is normal these days; lol

I‘m just hoping it’s more like Morch 2012. That was so awesome. Even if we can have like a mini version of it. With the continued deep troughing digging into Mexico next month and no blocking .. it’s not that far fetched .

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I‘m just hoping it’s more like Morch 2012. That was so awesome. Even if we can have like a mini version of it. With the continued deep troughing digging into Mexico next month and no blocking .. it’s not that far fetched .

2012 happened partly because there was no snowpack anywhere in the US and srn Canada. Morch 2012 ain't happening. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

2012 happened partly because there was no snowpack anywhere in the US and srn Canada. Morch 2012 ain't happening. 

Doesn’t mean we can’t get warmth and deep Sonoran releases next month. Look at this month and last with snowpack everywhere except the NE. Smashing records like your Fanny on prom night. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Doesn’t mean we can’t get warmth and deep Sonoran releases next month. Look at this month and last with snowpack everywhere except the NE. Smashing records like your Fanny on prom night. 

We didn't smash record highs last month. Morch 2012 was on another level. Not a good analog. But yeah, probably AN. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Unless we are looking at a pattern favorable for a true Match monster, I'll take a mini 2012 anytime.  I'd be happy with a crippling March blizzard followed by a snow vaporizer pattern 2 days later; and then onward to summer...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Clown range op euro is interesting for 2/26. A week from Sunday.  What could go wrong…

Once we get by the 23rd we should have at least more significant chances at snowstorms.  Just want 1 then we can get Kevs annual March 12 lite but we know the game cloudy and 40s.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We are going to have to “deal” with several model chances on this pattern over the next 10-15 days imho. 

Yup 

Im impressed by general thermal gradient between S Canada and TV in the means. Man that’s gonna bottle rocket systems thru. 

It is also unfortunately true that the ridge could continue to correct and push the jet N. 

11 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Nice trucks, but should have gone with RAM like the Rev and I.  GM's lost a touch. Everybody making the switch like the commercial says.  

GM still sells the most trucks with its line . Ford 150s number 1 the Silverado 2nd then Rams. They are all basically the same now. 

• Like 1