• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Cold tucks have been over-modeled all season. I'm really interested to see how this one plays out. 

The teleconnections, warm antecedent airmass and lack of a strong high, signal past is prologue but guidance still pounding the table that it's real. So we watch.

Also sell the NAM. 

If it happens at all, it's euro-esque. 

43 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Full sun and deep mixing snuck yesterday in as the warmest day across SNH. Ended up a few degrees colder today

Something I've noticed over the years of deterministic guidance efforts, particularly as it relates to arriving warmth ... that tends to happen surprisingly often.

There'll be a day out in the late mid range in spring and summer that looks like it may really roast...  Then as the time years, somehow its the day before that is the warmest, while the day that was supposed to roast originally ... just seems to invent reasons not to be as hot as it could be.  Clouds...BDs ... systems just speeding up in timing...etc.  

Here we are in a Feb warm departure and there it is - boom

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Models showed snow next week. Go with what models don’t show and go with what should happen based on indicies.. setup , global pattern 

Can you speak about the global pattern a bit?  What do you see outside North America going on that will lead to warmth from here on out?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Can you speak about the global pattern a bit?  What do you see outside North America going on?

Let me break it down for the layman(you?) .. MJO and Indian Ocean in warm flux.. warm Europe equates to warm E NA, troughing from Hawaii into West coast digging for gold into Mexico, no blocking .. and a very strong SE Ridge over the western Atlantic.. 

What about any of that makes you think snow and cold in the east? 

I will give you Canada is cold . So there is that.. but how do we tap into it for lots of snow and cold ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3