Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

26 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i think it’s harder to see the -PNA screw things up than in December due to the shorter wavelengths 

March 2018 had a pretty deep -PNA but the block worked its magic

BA0AC04D-8E91-441B-B797-63E5B8E4AE67.png.ebc19c7257f6882ba264bd9247ea5191.png

20 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yes but you can see higher heights over Alaska and western Canada in March 2018

If you're just relying on the -NAO then that could easily link with the SE ridge under a strong RNA pattern. 

This is not a 2018 look. SE ridge would likely correct stronger. At best you can get a gradient pattern.eps_z500a_nhem_fh360_trend.thumb.gif.581463fe2224d0e6b5297ca52d3aabb2.gif

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Screenshot_20230210-010613_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Kinda wild. We are being inundated with reports of soot and dirt on all surfaces.

I've had a dry cough since yesterday. People are emailing us saying they smell chemicals.

This is widespread across New England.

It’s all over everything today. Cars are covered in it in the dried rain drops. It’s from the Ohio fire. Smells like chlorine 

17 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Kinda wild. We are being inundated with reports of soot and dirt on all surfaces.

I've had a dry cough since yesterday. People are emailing us saying they smell chemicals.

Closer to home, Clean Harbors had a nice hazardous waste fire on the south shore this morning

Lots of chatter in Connecticut sm posts. Likelihood that is the cause? (Ohio derailment/disaster)baf7c1ce3d2c99275f939753a0b82b95.jpg

26 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I noticed the "dirty raindrops" on the car this morning in Methuen.  I washed the windshield, and the paper towels were filthy afterwards.

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I noticed the "dirty raindrops" on the car this morning in Methuen.  I washed the windshield, and the paper towels were filthy afterwards.

I noticed the spots on my car when I brought the trash out last night.  I’m thinking wtf because it almost resembled pollen and we had just rained lightly.

Not a word about the really weenie op euro  run last night.  Folks are spooked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I noticed the spots on my car when I brought the trash out last night.  I’m thinking wtf because it almost resembled pollen and we had just rained lightly.

Not a word about the really weenie op euro  run last night.  Folks are spooked.

oh it's pollen all right, my allergies were really bad yesterday when it hit 71 on Long Island

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Thanks for passing this info along.

Where do you work, if you don't mind me asking?