Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

17 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Had to circle back to this interaction this morning… ha, now the afternoon EURO was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the bolded.  Tickle MVL with 8” over 10 days is congrats Temblant.  We need that gradient down around RT 2 this season to score nicely.  

9F30A565-72AB-4616-B911-81C17F8BD25F.thumb.png.b2c5be76eebf2cab403ee150b07d2a88.png

So you are saying I was right lol? Wagons north to Canada. 

1 minute ago, 8611Blizz said:

The storm at the end of the 12z gfs is great. Fairly fast moving and dumps a decent amount around SNE. Also its 350 hours out so there is also that...

Yeah nobody should count on it being right…but if your looking for optimism, I can’t remember the last time we got a lot of weenie GFS runs before the last few days. Probably have to go back to early December at the beginning of that blocking period. It’s a sign that the pattern is more favorable than it was…but still keep caution flags up for all the reasons we’ve already discussed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah nobody should count on it being right…but if your looking for optimism, I can’t remember the last time we got a lot of weenie GFS runs before the last few days. Probably have to go back to early December at the beginning of that blocking period. It’s a sign that the pattern is more favorable than it was…but still keep caution flags up for all the reasons we’ve already discussed. 

this retrograding Scandi block is pretty classic looking. hopefully we can keep this on guidance

C18F665A-02AA-477F-A361-8622DA1A718B.thumb.gif.689b068baea0dd0fcb1c0c6398efba62.gif

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The Pacific IMO was the difference maker. Not sure if that is real or what...but that helps.

If we retrograde the block into the western domain, it would prob force the SE ridge to retrograde some…there will be two opposing forces there…hard to say which one would win but on that loop it clearly retros the se ridge. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

this retrograding Scandi block is pretty classic looking. hopefully we can keep this on guidance

C18F665A-02AA-477F-A361-8622DA1A718B.thumb.gif.689b068baea0dd0fcb1c0c6398efba62.gif

That is an exceptional H.A. event look.

However, considering the range, there's limited real deterministic value. But if that were say a 180 hours, we'd have an early thread with 20 pages in 5 minutes for a blockbuster "potential". 

• Like 4