• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We're still here, bleeding...but congratulating the better team for their win. 

This could be an event where Danbury gets 2" and Waterbury picks up 12". I'll be heading east on 84 though so be on the lookout for the weenie truck. 

Idk I am waayyyyyy more optimistic here. 

There is no reason this can't clobber us as well. I mean 3 hour earlier close off? 

Happy EURO did not slide east.

Also even though the models are starting to merge on a solution does not mean they all can't correct a tiny bit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I mean, we've seen triple phasers before -- max potential usually in the 960's at 40N?  what is the history of non-tropical lows sub 960 at ~40N.  I don't know of any 950's examples in my lifetime. I think anything lower than that is suggesting a warm-core sub tropical entity, which never made sense in peak winter climo.

I think 965ish should have always been the extreme high end bar for non-tropical low such as this, at 40N. 960 ish further north in the GOM. 

The 12z euro, verbatim flirts with this max potential. 

The new reality.

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I did...

seriously, I'm a ********  .. well, I am but not of this.  This thing's U/A mechanics are superb.. the lows have all been situated too far E of that mid level forcing. 

That can happen, but I am noticing a definitive trend to keep the 700 to 300 mechanical structures at longitude/latitude scaffolds, while successive runs fight to inch the lows west to meet. 

I don't think this is done trending either, though dramatic shifts may be a thing of the past.  This can afford to bomb closer, and if/when it does, those feedback height falls from that processes will encourage the collocation of the mid level features, and all this ends up correcting to ACK in my mind.

That's just farmer Met John's hot take, but it is where my visualization resolves this for the time being. I don't see this modulating enough to change that perspective, so it could just be wrong. Just sayn'

A few of us sure did 

image.thumb.jpeg.4f469b5d63c87b5f6c7d71943f44a43d.jpeg40 inches of snow in Boston… Boston got that much snow last year the ENTIRE WINTER. Most areas are below average right now (Boston has like 12-13 inches, average around 20 by this time of the year from what I’ve seen), but after this storm it’s very possible Boston is into the 40s or even 50s. Boston averages in low 40s for total snow per winter, and there’s still 2 months left. This is why it’s a good idea to wait even if winters start slow before writing it off. All it takes is one monster blizzard and all of a sudden you go from a shitty winter to a great one. 2012-2013 was like that too, started kinda slow and then got hammered in Feb and March. 2014-2015 started slow as well.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You got nothing in that? 

Wow...I had 18" in Wilmington, but I think Methuen had like 5".

<5". i remember being able to see the dark clouds well to my south where it was ripping snow, while it was just cirrus overhead. took hours for the snow to come north

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The euro would be a real high impact on the Cape. Temps might be near 32 Saturday morning as the QPF blob moves in. Temps then drop and wind picks up. If that snow freezes onto the trees with those winds, good bye power and hello     :damage:

I was thinking the same, looks like a roof collapser

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup, a big IF. The same people who berate the euro time and time are again suddenly taking it for face value. 

We'll see what the next 48hrs brings but this is about as far nw as this can get. Just have to keep the east slides to a min out here. 

Still a fair amount of time for ticks. Right now I think it’s better to continue highlighting the probabilities and lean conservative in a map at the moment and adjust early tomorrow if needed.