• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maybe it was. It was a surreal scene though. It looked like it went 32.5F for an hour before temps crashed and they got bombed. I wish Jimmy was here, he probably had pics under his mattress for an occasional self massage. 

There was also a lot of "freezing sea spray" mixed in down there because of the winds.

People gotta stop smoking the Kuchie. Those type of ratios aren't usually seen outside of deform bands. Plus winds near the coast especially will knock down ratios. The most important thing, models like GFS notwithstanding (which is trending W) in the upper levels are trending in the right direction. This was evident earlier when the actual upper air observations were showing generally more favorable setup then some of the models.

• Like 1

Just now, WeatherWilly said:

Here comes the GFS again to pee on our snowflakes. 

Not until 5pm or so....and it will eventually cave. It always does in the big dogs even if it has to be dragged kicking and screaming 24 hours before the event starts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not until 5pm or so....and it will eventually cave. It always does in the big dogs even if it has to be dragged kicking and screaming 24 hours before the event starts.

I had said tomorrow it would but it might even at 0z tonight cave, But its going too.

Man I'm jealous of you guys. We've only seen two storms in the past 75 years that had blizzard conditions and I was either not born or too young to remember them. Very difficult to get blizzard conditions in western PA. Enjoy it and hopefully you get crushed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rd9108 said:

Man I'm jealous of you guys. We've only seen two storms in the past 75 years that had blizzard conditions and I was either not born or too young to remember them. Very difficult to get blizzard conditions in western PA. Enjoy it and hopefully you get crushed.

March 1993 and November 1995?

44 minutes ago, RI Rob said:

Hmmmm stay in Boston for the storm or go down to Mashpee...

Go to Mashpee.  Might be more snow AND they'll be able to plow the roads after the storm's done.

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No problem...ratios are tough because you have to deal with multiple variables....also in larger storms, the weight of the snow on itself is going to limit ratios. IT's a lot easier to get a 20 to 1 fluff ratio in a 7-8" storm than it is in a 18" storm.

Clear the boards!