• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

There was an event a couple days after Christmas in 1990 that was a big time overachiever. We were in a different pattern then but the system may have been similar to what is coming tomorrow night. Forecast was for 1-3/2-4 but what happened instead was double and triple that amount.  Cold Temps and good ratios along with banding produced very heavy snowfall rates over a 4-6 hour period. Maybe this does the same. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

There was an event a couple days after Christmas in 1990 that was a big time overachiever. We were in a different pattern then but the system may have been similar to what is coming tomorrow night. Forecast was for 1-3/2-4 but what happened instead was double and triple that amount.  Cold Temps and good ratios along with banding produced very heavy snowfall rates over a 4-6 hour period. Maybe this does the same. 

Looks like a good sounding to maximize ratios!

gfs_2022010512_fh42_sounding_38.71N_76.93W.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SnowDreamer said:

FCPS said this: Across Fairfax County, we continue to receive reports of roadways, sidewalks and pathways that remain unsafe for our students.

This is actually true. Many roads are still not plowed and walkways are treacherous. My husband took a picture of the driveway leading into one of our elementary schools and it was a thick sheet of ice.  I’m sure we will be closed on Friday too. It looks like a couple of inches is at good bet.  Regarding Covid numbers, I appreciate Mother Nature giving us a reason to stay home the week after everyone has been traveling. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, H2O said:

Where do you all find this stuff?  Its like you go deep into the bullpen to find a closer that none of us have ever heard of.  This guy got a good ERA?

As an Orioles fan, I always keep a close eye on the waiver wire and the Rule 5 draft. 

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

This is actually true. Many roads are still not plowed and walkways are treacherous. My husband took a picture of the driveway leading into one of our elementary schools and it was a thick sheet of ice.  I’m sure we will be closed on Friday too. It looks like a couple of inches is at good bet.  Regarding Covid numbers, I appreciate Mother Nature giving us a reason to stay home the week after everyone has been traveling. 

Don't forget about the UV index.. we don't want Oliver getting a sunburn

• Like 2
  • Haha 3