Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

29 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@mappyits going to snow. The question is where the 2 bands set up. We want to root for a healthier jet induced band. The coastal wont do us any good.  If we get into the banding along the arctic boundary we could pull in 3-5” with high ratios. Otherwise if we get stuck in between that band and the coastal we probably get 1-3”.  Where that sets up will be a nowcast thing. Euro likes us better for getting under that band. Gfs wants us in the dead zone. We will see. 

thank you!

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@mappyits going to snow. The question is where the 2 bands set up. We want to root for a healthier jet induced band. The coastal wont do us any good.  If we get into the banding along the arctic boundary we could pull in 3-5” with high ratios. Otherwise if we get stuck in between that band and the coastal we probably get 1-3”.  Where that sets up will be a nowcast thing. Euro likes us better for getting under that band. Gfs wants us in the dead zone. We will see. 

GFS doesn't necessarily hate it either, so we abscond. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just got a text alert from LWX issuing a bitter weenie storm warning and I was like Wut? So I popped in here and was pretty obvious why. 

Yes...a "WSW".  Current indications are very deep accumulations of bulls**t are imminent and occurring.  Be careful driving and walking around outside, make sure the waders are pulled up!  We should hit CWG's boom scenario with ease.

There should be a large region of enhanced BGZ (bovine growth zone), so banding is likely.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Alright yall.  Gonna move this stuff to banter.   Can we get back to talking about our upcoming 30 minute snowfall?

that would still be 30x more than what i've received all season.  i'm all in on an old school snow advisory.

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Amazing how fast the previously snow starved southern crew becomes hoity toity and poopoo’s the 1-4” of cold powder coming tomorrow night. 

Idk who you’re talking about but I'm super excited for another 1-3”. In fact I got tired of reading all the bittercasting/meh posts yesterday and left.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Idk who you’re talking about but I'm super excited for another 1-3”. In fact I got tired of reading all the bittercasting/meh posts yesterday and left.

I’m mostly just riffing. Just surprising how much crap is getting thrown around in here. There are more than a few winters when we’d all kill for 1-4” of powder with no mixing issues.

• Like 7

Bolded sounds tasty and fun

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
233 PM EST Wed Jan 5 2022

DCZ001-MDZ005-006-008-011-013-014-016-018-503>508-VAZ052>054-502-
506-060345-
/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0003.220107T0200Z-220107T1000Z/
District of Columbia-Carroll-Northern Baltimore-Cecil-
Southern Baltimore-Prince Georges-Anne Arundel-Charles-Calvert-
Northwest Montgomery-Central and Southeast Montgomery-
Northwest Howard-Central and Southeast Howard-Northwest Harford-
Southeast Harford-Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-Fairfax-
Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria-Southern Fauquier-
Eastern Loudoun-
233 PM EST Wed Jan 5 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THURSDAY TO 5 AM
EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Snow. Total snow accumulations 2 to 4 inches. Isolated
  high amounts of around 5 inches are possible.

* WHERE...The District of Columbia, portions of northern and
  central Maryland, and northern Virginia.

* WHEN...From 9 PM Thursday to 5 AM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
  conditions could impact the Friday morning commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest snow is expected between 10 PM
  and 2 AM when snowfall rates of 1 inch per hour are possible.
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Amazing how fast the previously snow starved southern crew becomes hoity toity and poopoo’s the 1-4” of cold powder coming tomorrow night. 

Hey, now, gramps.  I ain't poopoo'ing a dang thing.  I cherish every snow because I know how rare it is IMBY to even SEE snow.  Like its almost as often as Miami seeing snow.