Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

HRRR has a realistic scenario where there is a relative min east of the mountains and before the low strengthens.

181FB096-50E7-408F-B57F-FF1FF064B2B2.png.db0552f45dc535549878079e24331fb4.png

That's some turd in the punchbowl stuff right there....next time don't post until you've had your coffee

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

HRRR has a realistic scenario where there is a relative min east of the mountains and before the low strengthens.

181FB096-50E7-408F-B57F-FF1FF064B2B2.png.db0552f45dc535549878079e24331fb4.png

Ha, if that happened after Monday's debacle, I'd have to step away for a bit. Just give me some decent snow so I can take the kids sledding this weekend.

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

That's some turd in the punchbowl stuff right there....next time don't post until you've had your coffee

Unfortunately, this is how these storms often break for my yard so pretty reasonable outcome. You generally always do better in da burg thanjust west of 95 burbs. Every once in a blue the enhanced stripe to the east helps me out but more often than not... outside looking in with best totals on these deals 

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Unfortunately, this is how these storms often break for my yard so pretty reasonable outcome. You generally always do better in da burg that just west of 95 burbs. Every once in a blue the enhanced stripe to the east helps me out but more often than not... outside looking in with best totals on these deals 

Even that particular model run is still 1-3" for most so in line i think the scale throws off perception a bit. It does highlight the skip nature of these events though but all of the other models showed it as well just not as drastically because of the dull grey color on this one. HRRR at 45 though...i'm hugging the euro and canada for now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Even that particular model run is still 1-3" for most so in line i think the scale throws off perception a bit. It does highlight the skip nature of these events though but all of the other models showed it as well just not as drastically because of the dull grey color on this one. HRRR at 45 though...i'm hugging the euro and canada for now

The one thing that typically annoys TF out of me with these shortwaves is radar usually looks killer to the west leading in. Then wxwxluvr has 2" of snow b4 I get a flake. The precip moves into my area and it's all ragged and jagged. You're get mod snow during this time. Then your's shuts off with a respectable total and the SE kicks in while I get table scraps. I always expect the lowest qpf on these deals. Keeps me grounded 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The one thing that typically annoys TF out of me with these shortwaves is radar usually looks killer to the west leading in. Then wxwxluvr has 2" of snow b4 I get a flake. The precip moves into my area and it's all ragged and jagged. You're get mod snow during this time. Then your's shuts off with a respectable total and the SE kicks in while I get table scraps. I always expect the lowest qpf on these deals. Keeps me grounded 

My expectations are set at cake froster event and nothing more.....best case is a lopsided cake that needs extra frosting to make it look even.

28 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Unfortunately, this is how these storms often break for my yard so pretty reasonable outcome. You generally always do better in da burg thanjust west of 95 burbs. Every once in a blue the enhanced stripe to the east helps me out but more often than not... outside looking in with best totals on these deals 

Yeah, we've seen this story plenty of times. Out west does good and that precip dries up as it heads over the mountains. The coastal forms and congrats Coastal NJ. Everyone in between, naso good.

Still I'll gladly take an inch of powder that covers the streets vs the 4 inches we got with the last system that was grassy surfaces only.

21 minutes ago, yoda said:

Looks like 12z NAM is moving the s/w over New England north a bit, rising heights a tad through 26

Can see a slightly south movement of the QPF field and SLP placement comparing 12z 30 to 06z 24

Eh. Its like 3 hours of snow though. Such a quick mover. 

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah. Just got wind of this after a night at the gal's place. Quick glance isn't overly exciting. Looks like a 1-3" at most for my backyard. But with temps not being an issue, you never know, and there's nothing wrong with a 1-3" event. 

7 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Chris, now you and I both know if we’re going to get 3 inches we might as well get an inch an hour for three hours to make it fun.

The NAM is after all 3 to 4 inches for quite a few people, with the best numbers being the favored Northwest folks like old times.

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Yeah. Just got wind of this after a night at the gal's place. Quick glance isn't overly exciting. Looks like a 1-3" at most for my backyard. But with temps not being an issue, you never know, and there's nothing wrong with a 1-3" event. 

guidance might not agree on how much but does on the quick mover part and hard to see a scenario that changes that fact...you are right...couple inches of snow never hurts

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Chris, now you and I both know if we’re going to get 3 inches we might as well get an inch an hour for three hours to make it fun.

The name is after all 3 to 4 inches for quite a few people, with the best numbers being the favored Northwest folks like old times.

Haha yeah. Not Poo Poo'ing it, was just analyzing. Waiting for the snow output but 3K seems better..more like 6 hours of snow lol