Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

5 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Absolutely.

We have members here that have thousands of posts over many years and never have they ever had 1 positive post.

I just keep scrolling when they post, as I assume many do when I post. lol

Just now, StormchaserChuck! said:

here.. accurate totals

gfs_namer_054_snodpth_chng.gifb

I can't read that. Can you? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

Yeah, we're going to get less than 1".. 1-2" if we're lucky

Someone explained this to you yesterday. This is a snow depth change map, not a snowfall map. We're losing snow to melt in the next 36 hours, so any snow that falls on Thursday night is starting from a snow depth deficit.

• Like 10

Just now, mattie g said:

Someone explained this to you yesterday. This is a snow depth change map, not a snowfall map. We're losing snow to melt in the next 36 hours, so any snow that falls on Thursday night is starting from a snow depth deficit.

sorry, 1-2 for all

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mattie g said:

It doesn’t matter. It shows a miserable result and that’s what’s important to him.

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Ok so apparently DD and Maestro are the same person and Chuck and amped are the same person. I'm thinking in total there are only 12-15 posters on this entire board

Lol don't compare me to Maestro. Its sad that every model gives me 3" and I have to assume I'm getting 1-2 if we're lucky. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

here.. accurate totals

gfs_namer_054_snodpth_chng.gifb

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

I can't read that. Can you? 

I believe @high risk explained this type of plot the other day.  As I recall, it represents the total snow depth change through the time period (in this case through 54 hours from 12Z today).  It's not the same as what TT and other sites show, which gives the snow depth of the event itself.  Keeping in mind that today and tomorrow there will surely be a decent amount of snow melt (being above freezing), I can see a net of zero or not very much considering that.  But that's not indicative of how much falls for this particular event by itself.

Of course, we may "only" see less than an inch or 1-2", but you get the idea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I believe @high risk explained this type of plot the other day.  As I recall, it represents the total snow depth change through the time period (in this case through 54 hours from 12Z today).  It's not the same as what TT and other sites show, which gives the snow depth of the event itself.  Keeping in mind that today and tomorrow there will surely be a decent amount of snow melt (being above freezing), I can see a net of zero or not very much considering that.  But that's not indicative of how much falls for this particular event by itself.

Of course, we may "only" see less than an inch or 1-2", but you get the idea.

Yes, I've been watching it for 4 years. What falls, not in 6 hours, but overall is reprented. Totals were always lower when that map was low. simple mmk