• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Minimal event here in metro west Boston.   The local hype was embarrassing.  I take my neighbor shopping once a week and he had someone else do it at a time I couldn’t because of the hurricane.  I TTTH but he went ahead anyway.

Sun trying to break through the clouds now.

probably would have been school closures on a weekday...LOLZ

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

How often do we see that track, in any season.

Not common for an essentially straight north from Bermuda with no recurve. As modeled, it even bended back NNW a bit. It’s a good thing it wasn’t a 200 miles west or it would have been a much higher impact event for the I-95 corridor.

• Like 1

Very underperforming here in Gray, very minimal gusting. Though for some reason two calls for trees down just now came into the fire department

Earlier today went driving around looking for anything not 'meh', even waves at Higgins Beach weren't that spectacular... bummer.

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Guy was out in Hampton with a jet ski , looked fun . As long as it doesn’t stall out 

Two guys plus a dog went on the Kennebec at Bath in a small (~16 ft) boat.  BIW rescue fished them all out of the river.  Towed in the boat, too.

Strongest winds here, about G35, arrived 2 PM and continue.  Radar says it's raining but only an odd droplet hit me when I was outside for 20 minutes looking for what caused a loud pop/crack - found nothing of interest.  I wonder if dry air is evaporating the -RA between the NEXRAD beam and the ground.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, amc said:

Very underperforming here in Gray, very minimal gusting. Though for some reason two calls for trees down just now came into the fire department

Earlier today went driving around looking for anything not 'meh', even waves at Higgins Beach weren't that spectacular... bummer.

The W sides of these are almost always meh wind wise. More rain but the wind switches to the east side where Halifax looks to have 70-80mph type gusts, but very little rain. In my experience Henri had a ton of rain in NYC on the west side but the wind resembled a regular windy day. And looks like the rain hasn’t even been that impressive, some places have 3” in Maine?