Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Your area is coveted Nov- Mid Morch but after that Get the f out. Brutal  . You want warmth , dews and sun

It’ll be fine here soon. Mud season is just a drag in CAD land. All of the sun’s energy goes toward melting and evaporation which are both latent cooling processes. Next week we’ll start the drying out process.

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Would love some Stein here.  Still some snowmelt going on and my “lawn” is squishy.   
We had a little rain this morning plus a bunch this past weekend.  We are good for a bit

Yup same here woods still have some snow and along the driveway. Should be gone soon though. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Yup same here woods still have some snow and along the driveway. Should be gone soon though. 

We were in Ashburnham over the weekend.  They had a ton of snow on the ground in areas.  And there is a lake (Winnekeag) we drove by that was still frozen over. Prob ice free now but that was eye opening. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We were in Ashburnham over the weekend.  They had a ton of snow on the ground in areas.  And there is a lake (Winnekeag) we drove by that was still frozen over. Prob ice free now but that was eye opening. 

I'll be there this Sunday at my girlfriends moms she lives at 1,350 . I'm sure they will still have some snow.. 

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

It’ll be fine here soon. Mud season is just a drag in CAD land. All of the sun’s energy goes toward melting and evaporation which are both latent cooling processes. Next week we’ll start the drying out process.

A couple extra weeks of melt up north is a small price to pay for exciting weather in the winter.

33F

• Like 5

7 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm going to be putting together a final seasonal snowfall map for CT so if you have a number and are NOT on the New England Snow page from Kevin please let me know, tag me or pm me please. @tavwtby@JKEisMan@Mr. Windcredible!@FXWX @Connecticut Appleman @sankatyor anyone else, thx

that outta be an easy illustration ...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dendrite said:

Ha high of 45.8° here. Back down to 42°. I still haven’t been above 52.8° this year. 

Reached 53° under thin clouds, mildest since early November.  Today? Hanging around 30 while 440 miles SW in SNJ the grandkids are probably putting in their garden with temp flirting with 80.

Champagne 

Snowbird - 8100 ft                       5 AM Wed     67.0      4.02
Alta - Collins - 9662 ft                 4 AM Wed     63.0      3.45
Alta Udot - 8799 ft                      4 AM Wed     58.0      3.44
Canyons Village at Park City - 8800 ft   5 AM Wed     49.0      2.55
Alta - 8730 ft                           6 PM Tue     45.8      3.14
Brighton Crest - 9500 ft                 4 AM Wed     35.0      2.00
Suncrest - 6140 ft                       9 PM Tue     29.0      
Big Cottonwood Spruces - 7402 ft         6 PM Tue     27.0      1.70
Solitude - 8200 ft                       5 AM Wed
  • Like 2

Unreal  That video of the lift barely brushing over the top of the snow is insane. 
900" season possible there?

LCC has been closed for two days. Had my best day in 30 years on skis yesterday at solitude where we’ve gotten a more modest 34” of snow since Sunday. We got “country club” skiing yesterday for the first hour and half as the canyon road opened up. Blower Utah powder on an empty mountain like you read about. Insane. Today both canyons are closed for avy mitigation and the resorts are closed, but tomorrow when things open back up we should be skiing another 12” of dry powder that fell overnight. Here’s a pic of current status from our cabin in the canyon. That’s the neighbors place from our second story deck.

1c33b1279ec4e75c418f8842a98076ab.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1