Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

LCC has been closed for two days. Had my best day in 30 years on skis yesterday at solitude where we’ve gotten a more modest 34” of snow since Sunday. We got “country club” skiing yesterday for the first hour and half as the canyon road opened up. Blower Utah powder on an empty mountain like you read about. Insane. Today both canyons are closed for avy mitigation and the resorts are closed, but tomorrow when things open back up we should be skiing another 12” of dry powder that fell overnight. Here’s a pic of current status from our cabin in the canyon. That’s the neighbors place from our second story deck.

1c33b1279ec4e75c418f8842a98076ab.jpg

that's just nuts. I'm envious of the cabin as it looks so fookin unreal and so much better than my work cube

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NW_of_GYX said:

LCC has been closed for two days. Had my best day in 30 years on skis yesterday at solitude where we’ve gotten a more modest 34” of snow since Sunday. We got “country club” skiing yesterday for the first hour and half as the canyon road opened up. Blower Utah powder on an empty mountain like you read about. Insane. Today both canyons are closed for avy mitigation and the resorts are closed, but tomorrow when things open back up we should be skiing another 12” of dry powder that fell overnight. Here’s a pic of current status from our cabin in the canyon. That’s the neighbors place from our second story deck.

Epic

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

:sizzle:

Let's goooooo

ecmwf_T2m_neus_11.png

It's interesting the subtle difference between the two of them.  The GFS's progressive bias ( that grows out in time...) is perhaps subtly represented there.  

It's going to also be interesting to experience the 24 hour turn around - assuming success in that above.  Noticing the 12z NAM sort of less enthused as that Euro run in scouring out the scunge-at least by the old school FOUS method

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That seems awfully bullish. 

It does given what we're experiencing today, and our climo. But that 1040 canadian high fizzles overnight and is gone by early tomorrow morning, across guidance.  It ultimately gives way to a bermuda high by early afternoon. I mean, all we need is the slightest southerly fetch to get there, given how cooked it is just above the surface. And that's what guidance is showing.

If there was any semblance of a surface high up in southern QC by 12z tomorrow, I'd say hard sell. But this is lookin' solid.

3e9fcbad-a230-4def-a425-00636165ab0e.gif

17 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

It does given what we're experiencing today, and our climo. But that 1040 canadian high fizzles overnight and is gone by early tomorrow morning, across guidance.  It ultimately gives way to a bermuda high by early afternoon. I mean, all we need is the slightest southerly fetch to get there, given how cooked it is just above the surface. And that's what guidance is showing.

If there was any semblance of a surface high up in southern QC by 12z tomorrow, I'd say hard sell. But this is lookin' solid.

3e9fcbad-a230-4def-a425-00636165ab0e.gif

Some of the models have a weak low in vicinity tomorrow morning. Personally I have some reserves for it getting that warm to the lakes region. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nam is not buying what euro is selling.

Nope... fits climo, too -

When I saw the mechanics all going into Canada, it seems abandoning this sludge air mass would happen.  The Lakes cutter initiated the BD...then left without scouring it out.  man -

It seems more likely today through Sunday was a temperature shit show from the beginning. 

One "nearly" summer day.  Early April, we take!

Warm front will yield areas of drizzle, dense fog and scattered
showers early, then as warm front lifts north warm sector mixes
to the surface. This combined with some breaks of sunshine, SSW
winds and a very warm airmass (+16c to +18C) will yield highs of
75-80 away from the coastline! SSW winds will keep the south
coast of MA/RI cooler given wind off the ocean with highs 55-60.
East coastal MA including Boston is bit tricky, as SE winds
likely keep the coastline cooler. High temps in this area may
not occur until early evening, immediate ahead of the front as
winds shift from SE to SW and then eventually NW. In fact, some
places may approach record highs for the day Thursday...

BOS/82/1928
PVD/81/1921
BDL/81/1921
ORH/79/1928

6 hours ago, NW_of_GYX said:

That's so awesome.  Man you nailed this trip. Enjoy 

• Like 1