Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And 12 hours later still nuking. 35" storm total, another 15" in those 12 hours with seasonal total of 845" now.

What a time to be alive out there.

alta2.thumb.jpg.a9e2b8f2c352f46a7aab8d3d5f500312.jpg

Don't know if you remember Oz Skier Dave A from SR PR. He lives near Alta. Said place was completely empty yesterday with deep deep pow.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Don't know if you remember Oz Skier Dave A from SR PR. He lives near Alta. Said place was completely empty yesterday with deep deep pow.

Yeah I met Dave once virtually on a zoom call during COVID, ha.

The highway 210 never opened yesterday and hasn’t opened today due to avalanche danger. No one from SLC area can access the mtns so the only people enjoying it are the ones up there already.

They call it Country Club skiing when the lifts run but road can’t open.

Guess there was a large natural avalanche cycle last evening during the heavy fall rates with numerous paths flushing out towards the road.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Seems a closed highway to the slopes would lower amount of skiers On mountain ...

60f Nashua 

Sounds like the ski area won’t open today due to avalanche danger and Marshal Law “Interlodge” is in effect so it’s illegal to go outside. Wild times. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Suggest folks install this week 

I'm thinking of doing it. For some reason my girlfriend's house gets HOT and I mean HOT. If I'm super hot and need AC you know there is an issue. We didn't get the AC put in until like early June last year and we were dying. With my back I wasn't able to bring it from the basement myself. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, I walked it across the basement floor, got it up each step, slide across the floor and my friend helped me get into the window. When I uninstalled I just left on the floor in front of the window. 

The issue is the bedroom...she has this MASSIVE uneconomically friendly AC that came from the original owners and weights like 100 pounds. I'm just going to have to buy one I can lift. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like the ski area won’t open today due to avalanche danger and Marshal Law “Interlodge” is in effect so it’s illegal to go outside. Wild times. 

Wow , so employees are just stuck chillin inside to professionals check the snow conditions or set off some blasts 

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Wow , so employees are just stuck chillin inside to professionals check the snow conditions or set off some blasts 

One of the only times in the United States that civilians are allowed to operate military weapons is for avalanche control.

This is the holy grail of Mountain Operations.  Alta, Snowbird, UDOT and others use long-range military weapons to bomb the mountains for avalanche control. It happens daily out there in seasons like this.

Thats also why Marshal Law is instigated and they will arrest you for going outside while bombing activities are happening.  They’ll bomb multiple ridge lines over too, miles away.

It makes the US Military very uneasy to have these weapons operating inside the country but it’s for public safety so they must’ve lost that argument.  A decade or two ago the Snowbasin Patrol north of SLC missed a ridgeline and bombed a suburban backyard, but that’s the only incident I’ve heard of.

• Like 1