Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

36.7F  Cloudy with extremely low visibility.  Looks like our snow cover is not going anywhere fast. High was 40F

Such a miserable day.  I needed sunshine and warmth.  I took the drone up late afternoon and quickly found spring  lurking 700 feet above me.  

We need a temp probe on there so we can do some soundings. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

43 here. You can have it. 

I want yesterday back. That was so nice. Just leaving work at the mountain, walking the dog in a t-shirt at mid-60s and sunshine. River flowing, birds chirping. I caught the bug yesterday.

Now back to full winter jackets, covering skin up, but the people are here for it.

DF4733E7-598B-4C2F-913A-32BFE4087157.thumb.jpeg.297920560f9fc66804fdaf0a0bfccfb9.jpeg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Things greening up and growing nicely now . Maple trees not too far from slowly leafing out next 10-14 days 

Shrub stems are green tinted and their tiny buds are swollen some.   Interestingly...the Lilacs buds are more bulging then the rest.  The Norwalk maple buds appear to be a little swollen.  It's like just waking up and yawning phase out there 

22 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

After Brian responded I went back and looked and I lied.  After fropa I got all the way up to 42.5F.  Argghh,  I slept through the warmest part of the whole system.  Back down to a below freezing, windy day.  

You guys up that way just flat out failed to warm fropa prior to the cold frontal sweep ...as you seldom succeed to do in those situations. 

You really need a minimum of 22kts sustained 900 mb level flow from the SW/S to successfully crumble a warm front around the topography up there. Thus have any hope of scouring the cold out from the lee sides of the pine forests... ha.    Talk to PF.  Yesterday he was musing how the warmer feel was actually when the wind modestly gusted... When it went lighter, the air temp would settle off again.   That's why -  

April sucks.  Cold air seems to almost electrostatically cling to the terrain in New England, and requires the power of 10 suns to really bake it off... (being sarcastic -) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Shrubs stems are green tinted and their tiny buds are swollen some.   Interestingly...the Lilacs buds are more bulging then the rest.  The Norwalk maple buds appear to be a little swollen.  It's like just waking up and yawning phase out there 

Mild to warm week this week will really move things along .

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Mild to warm week this week will really move things along .

Mm ... I'm not sure we won't get ass paddled by the front hanging up at NYC  -

This next system (otherwise) is similar to this last one, with one key, important difference: the antecedent pressure pattern layout across Quebec is lobing around Whites and is clearly depicted in all guidance as either a BD, or ( most likely...) a scenario where the front just never gets back through as a warm frontal passage to where it can BD. 

Either way, that look is a pretty classic April 'no-warm-for-you' shit show synoptic layout.  That's as is... I mean, it could modulate toward less impeded warm front - but in our climatology the return rate for that success in the first week of April is exceptionally rare to put it nicely.. I wouldn't bank on that in May.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

After Brian responded I went back and looked and I lied.  After fropa I got all the way up to 42.5F.  Argghh,  I slept through the warmest part of the whole system.  Back down to a below freezing, windy day.  

I would  have tied myself to your drone and gone up 1K to where it was 58 lol. 

• Haha 1