• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28th Snowstorm Observations

TalcottWx

Best rates were in the first hour 1-2am... but for the most part dry air and poor snowgrowth quickly turned this into an under-performer for eastern Mass overnight

The best dynamics simply did not survive this far northeast compared to CT

I wonder how qpf compares to the robust mesos yesterday

And for the rest of the day... mesos aren't giving me confidence that we see rates sufficient to overcome temps currently above freezing past 495 belt

9 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Best rates were in the first hour 1-2am... but for the most part dry air and poor snowgrowth quickly turned this into an under-performer for eastern Mass overnight

The best dynamics simply did not survive this far northeast compared to CT

I wonder how qpf compares to the robust mesos yesterday

And for the rest of the day... mesos aren't giving me confidence that we see rates sufficient to overcome temps currently above freezing past 495 belt

Most areas are cooked except higher elevations. 

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

An inch which is now turning to slop as light non accumulating snow falls (aka white rain) 

Disappointing for sure. I thought this event would surely top Feb 23.

Kudos to Boston metro schools for not simply using the surplus of unspent school days

Do we get a single warning event this year...

Drove down to Woodstock, VT past 1.5 hours.  Very snowy drive and full deep winter vibes.  Snowfall 2-4” most of the trip it seemed with 10”+ OTG with higher spots looking like 18”+.

Here in Woodstock, low elevation, seems like 10-12” around town with 3” new and -SN.  Wintry appeal.  Bethel, VT up the road honestly looked to have double the snow.

5068FF5E-55C1-491A-9AB8-0DAC8E0FBEE0.thumb.jpeg.74b39d576e0a397333f69e9b10fa6877.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Wonder if it's the same guy that reported 30.5" in 2011 when everyone nearby was 27-28".

yes. North Haven consistently one of the top towns, if not #1 for all of CT or at least new haven county in a lot of the storms from 2011-present. unless they use mine, which has been hit or miss.

4.6 is gonna do it here. nothing but white rain all day. we're in the mid 30s now so its over for sure with that sun angle to boot. 

• Like 1