• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Here are a few pictures I took this afternoon.   For the season I'm at 83" which is just above my winter average.  I measured the pack in a few different spots  but this is representative.  About 27".  

2008 snow pack was over 3 feet so this doesn't compare but I put a 2008 pictures in here too.  Of course these piles are from the metal/shake roof but it will be interesting to see how long they survive this spring.  Slow melt this week and as of now the next weekend storm would stay south.  If it did ever come this far north and slam us the pack would be impressive.

2008 snowfall.jpg

2008.JPG

LR.jpg

Snow back1.jpg

Snow stick.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

I wanna see NNE with a general 6-12' pack, then a MASSIVE 60-70F cutter around 4/1-4/5 ish

Preach it brother.  Clear it out for golf season.  I've always been on board for snow every day until March 15th and the flip the switch so I can golf in early April.

There has been over 5 feet of snow depth on Mount Mansfield for the first time since April 2020.  Despite some lackluster periods this winter (to say the least), having the deepest snow depths in 3 years is a little bit of a rebound closer to normal.  It's been a mini-streak of below normal snowpack up here.

This isn't amazing.  It is average; within 1 SD of the mean depth is average IMO.

330629435_162016813314073_12316418729944

• Like 6
  • Weenie 1