Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Winter is far from over especially for interior. Once this storm is over and people start looking at the extended they’ll be surprised…21-23rd and 25-27th showing up. This could be an epic month for people who are getting hit hard today

And a knife twist for those who aren’t 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Oh agreed, just stating the pattern actually looks amazing.

The synoptic cinema looks “phasier” than usual.  Streams have a better chance of dynamic interaction in this kind of regime we’re seeing depicted.

That 22nd as we know has been popping up … but attention is obviously eclipsed by this thing in the foreground here. It’s happening on the other side of the PNA surge … near enough in time to the max that it’s just as likely the continent is not yet responded to the index falling off because it’ll take time for the Pacific to transmit the signal this far east. Meanwhile the NAO is trying to slip slightly negative.

Bottom line it’s not a terrible index scoring to have going on during a pattern with a “phasey” suggestion to it.  

• Like 1

I already know where this is headed so let’s nip this in the bud now.

@ORH_wxman, if you see me in this thread any time between after this post and the conclusion of the month, I ask that you ban me from the subforum until April 15.

I mean it. I’m done torturing myself. If I even look at the hot stove of “ten day potential” I need you to put me in timeout.

I’ll be back posting about wx when snow is actually falling and accumulating, or even better, when this winter is dead and buried. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 4

[mention=17]ORH_wxman[/mention], if you see me in this thread any time between after this post and the conclusion of the month, I ask that you ban me from the subforum until April 15.
I mean it. I’m done torturing myself. If I even look at the hot stove of “ten day potential” I need you to put me in timeout.
I’ll be back posting about wx when snow is actually falling and accumulating, or even better, when this winter is dead and buried. 

Why though?! I live down in Philly and haven’t seen more than a car topper. We have all late spring, summer, and fall until it can snow again. Pattern actually looks decent, go all in!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@ORH_wxman, if you see me in this thread any time between after this post and the conclusion of the month, I ask that you ban me from the subforum until April 15.

Why do you track storms if you don’t enjoy it? 

3 hours ago, Kitz Craver said:

What’s happening over in Southington today? Any accumulation?

Here to your northwest…we accumulated about a half inch on everything, even some slush on pavements this morning that were untreated.  

The sad part is that it was 33 to 35 all day, and it just never really snowed hard at all…just light crap that wouldn’t have amounted to anything even if it was 15 degrees out, just pathetic intensity shit!!!  What a joke. POS storm for sure here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George001 said:

Why do you track storms if you don’t enjoy it? 

Well I can sympathize with Don…tracking is fun so far as you actually cash in on a couple of them. You expect many to miss…that’s fine, but you except at least one or two to get you  

This winter has just been like a baseball player in a 0 for 33 slump or something. You expect at least a few hits to drop in out of shear luck when you are in interior CT, even in the valley. There’s a reason the average is almost 50” there. 

So when you reach a point where you have tracked your 15th failure in a row, it can start wearing on you. 

That said, we all know if the threat starts looking really nice inside of 4 days, we can’t resist. It’s why we are here. We all have a sickness for this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Here to your northwest…we accumulated about a half inch on everything, even some slush on pavements this morning that were untreated.  

The sad part is that it was 33 to 35 all day, and it just never really snowed hard at all…just light crap that wouldn’t have amounted to anything even if it was 15 degrees out, just pathetic intensity shit!!!  What a joke. POS storm for sure here. 

Same her JD, last couple hours it picked up and I have two inches now so maybe I can salvage 4 or so inches, nothing like the 20+ the models were showing for me for many runs but can't win them all, glad to see some of the others cashing in though so not a region wide bust.

• Like 1

Hey I personally wouldn’t be complaining about a coastal rain/interior snow setup for the rest of the season if it means preserving what’s left of my back for the near future. I look forward to seeing our little slushy inch of slop wash away with the stronger mid march sun angle. Instead I shall relish in the glorious foggy, drizzly, and damp days of the late winter and most likely early spring weather to come! It is almost inevitable for us coastal folks this time of year.