Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What happens next weekend when the low is over NYC?

Always possible…try to think positive.

It can’t get any worse. If it’s over NYC, it’s the same ol same ol…And we are conditioned for that already, so no big deal. 

My goodness, is there actually a ridge depicted in the west on that 500 mb prog?? What is that? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Always possible…try to think positive.

It can’t get any worse. If it’s over NYC, it’s the same ol same ol…And we are conditioned for that already, so no big deal. 

I would love to see the bomb as depicted, there really hasn’t been any big systems in over a month , anywhere ..maybe far N Maine 

But you know Scott is not going to think positive, that’s not forecasting , he’s not negative either . That comment could have just been messing but if he seriously says he thinks it coming close to coast or tucking you know he has meteorological reasons for this . 

I just want a big storm , somewhere near here 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I would love to see the bomb as depicted, there really hasn’t been any big systems in over a month , anywhere ..maybe far N Maine 

But you know Scott is not going to think positive, that’s not forecasting , he’s not negative either . That comment could have just been messing but if he seriously says he thinks it coming close to coast or tucking you know he has meteorological reasons for this . 

I just want a big storm , somewhere near here 

The EPS had some hints at this, and the op......well that's ugly lol. I don't have a sense either way, but hopefully people are objective. Potential is there for a big boy somewhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The EPS had some hints at this, and the op......well that's ugly lol. I don't have a sense either way, but hopefully people are objective. Potential is there for a big boy somewhere.

Blizzard of 1958 was floated as an analog. Not the bullseye here but would love to see something like that.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Blizzard of 1958 was floated as an analog. Not the bullseye here but would love to see something like that.

The pattern is reminiscent of some Marches that produced huge storms (1958, 1960, 2001, etc). But it doesn’t mean we’ll cash in the same way obviously. We’ve had exceptional March blocking produce nothing too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The -AO is gonna want to dump cold on the back side of the next big threat - enters west coast day 5. This system is probably our pattern changer; with -EPO look following. I think we're warm sectored on this guy. Probably bigly.

A big pattern change is supposed to occur soon

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

I would keep expectations very low if you live south of C/NNE. 

Right now CMC/GFS/Euro all have inland runners for the next big storm. 

Who cares what OP runs have at that range. If this system couldn't cut, I have a hard time believing mid month storms would be able to pull it off. If you are snowing tonight, then I would expect some major snow moving forward.

• Like 1