joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey boys!!! It has been a while since I been on here. I heard a rumor it might snow on Saturday so I thought I would come here for the low down!!!

Best chance up near the MD/PA border apparently -as would be expected this time of year (or most other times). Latest runs sounded like they went even north of that. But still a chance of snow TV it seems for many.  Also, early vegetation/flowers may be slaughtered with the lows Sunday morning in the GFS is right which for some reason will make NPZ happy.

Best chance up near the MD/PA border apparently -as would be expected this time of year (or most other times). Latest runs sounded like they went even north of that. But still a chance of snow TV it seems for many.  Also, early vegetation/flowers may be slaughtered with the lows Sunday morning in the GFS is right which for some reason will make NPZ happy.

LOL.  Sorry, man, I just hate flowers.  I hate the bright colors, the awful floral smells, the pollen, and the bees.

That line is so pronounced the windshift along it is throwing out rotation markers in GR :lol:

My friend down in Fredericksburg said it was crazy rain as it went through. 

Vis dropped to what looked like less than half a mile when the line moved through. Heaviest rain I've seen in a long time. 

Vis dropped to what looked like less than half a mile when the line moved through. Heaviest rain I've seen in a long time. 

Interesting clump of power outages showed up well ahead of this heavy line in my area. They are blaming weather conditions. I guess light to moderate rain can now cause 8K+ outages. 

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Issued: 10:33 AM EDT Apr. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...

Anne Arundel County in central Maryland...

eastern Prince Georges County in central Maryland...

northwestern Calvert County in southern Maryland...

eastern Montgomery County in central Maryland...

* until 1130 am EDT

* at 1032 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated a line of severe

thunderstorms just east of Washington. These storms were located

along a line extending from East Riverdale to greater Upper

Marlboro to near Marlton... and moving east at 35 mph.

* Locations impacted include...

Bowie... Annapolis... College Park... Greenbelt... Bladensburg... Chesapeake

Beach... North Beach... Upper Marlboro... Prince Georges stadium... Langley

Park... Crofton... South river... Galesville... Severn River... largo...

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium... Byrd stadium... Beltsville... fedex

field and rhode river.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with Saturday morning- I got two newly planted trees that I'm worried about. Foliage is badly damaged, but they haven't fully taken root yet so I'm concerned about them just flat out dying.

Heavy rain and very windy! 0.33" so far. Very impressive event. I think this is at least as windy as last weekend!

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED  

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  

ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ  

1044 AM EDT THU APR 7 2016  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A  

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  

BALTIMORE COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...  

NORTHERN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...  

NORTHEASTERN PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...  

SOUTHEASTERN HOWARD COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...  

BALTIMORE CITY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...  

SOUTHWESTERN HARFORD COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...  

* UNTIL 1145 AM EDT  

* AT 1043 AM EDT...THIS SEVERE THUNDERSTORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING  

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED OVER  

CROFTON...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.  

Possible storm damage in my neighborhood:

Dundalk | POLICE ACTIVITY | North Point Blvd & Baltimore St | Transformer entirely off of a pole, damage to nearby cars. Power lines down. Debris also in the roadway from a nearby roof. 1 injured as a result. Traffic being diverted.

Damage reported at Thompson Dodge on North Point Blvd, windows and vehicles damaged and multiple roofs damaged in Colgate.

And edit: http://www.abc2news.com/weather/weather-blogs/storm-damage-in-dundalk

I'd say the chance of seeing any snow other than flurries Fri night into Sat is just about zero.

Northern tier of MD still has a chance. SLP passing north of the M/D is a dagger for my yard. UL dynamics still in play as the low departs but happens at the worst time of the day.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with Saturday morning- I got two newly planted trees that I'm worried about. Foliage is badly damaged, but they haven't fully taken root yet so I'm concerned about them just flat out dying.

Heavy rain and very windy! 0.33" so far. Very impressive event. I think this is at least as windy as last weekend!

Just put 2-3" of mulch around the root ball, if you haven't already, and water the trees very thoroughly , before the coldest night ( so Saturday) ! The foliage will die all the way off, but new growth will come out again, in a couple of weeks. I doubt your trees will die, they are tough, even though they aren't rooted in yet. Good luck

Fully agree that chances for widespread synoptic snow (as some of yesterday's guidance showed) are pretty much dead now due to the track of the low to our north and resulting strong downslope flow here.

But with the upper low passing overhead with very cold temps, the forecast soundings show steep lapse rates, and a few hundred j/kg of cape may be available, so some healthy snow shower/squall activity is a reasonable bet.

Northern tier of MD still has a chance. SLP passing north of the M/D is a dagger for my yard. UL dynamics still in play as the low departs but happens at the worst time of the day.

Just put 2-3" of mulch around the root ball, if you haven't already, and water the trees very thoroughly , before the coldest night ( so Saturday) ! The foliage will die all the way off, but new growth will come out again, in a couple of weeks. I doubt your trees will die, they are tough, even though they aren't rooted in yet. Good luck

Thanks! I have some leftover mulch which I'll add to them tomorrow then.

Archived