SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok let's say for laughs we pretend surface temps don't matter...18z for Saturday from 06z on looks like it ratcheted up precip. There has to be some SN tv in those panels

It's starting to look more and more likely that there will be some sort of white rain event this weekend. I guess I'll root for it because thunderstorms are out of the picture for a while.

It's starting to look more and more likely that there will be some sort of white rain event this weekend. I guess I'll root for it because thunderstorms are out of the picture for a while.

Thank you sir. That's all I wanted to hear. It is coming at a good time of day at least the first part

Why do I bother gardening in this region? You can file this morning as exhibit A under "reasons why I can't wait to retire in CA". I spent so much time pre-treating apples and hydrangeas for disease, now all the foliage is dead. Lilac was about to bloom but it's been severely damaged. Flowering plum I planted earlier this season is under severe stress... basically everything is either dead, dropped its blooms or has very damaged foliage.

Why do I bother gardening in this region? You can file this morning as exhibit A under "reasons why I can't wait to retire in CA". I spent so much time pre-treating apples and hydrangeas for disease, now all the foliage is dead. Lilac was about to bloom but it's been severely damaged. Flowering plum I planted earlier this season is under severe stress... basically everything is either dead, dropped its blooms or has very damaged foliage.

meh, there is always next year.

my daffodils looked quite droopy this morning, at least the ones that had bloomed. many more still havent bloomed, so i'm sure they will be fine. thankfully my garden is full of all sorts of different flowering plants that come up at different times. so when one type dies, the next type is right on its heels. my day lilies are growing nicely. will be another month or more before they bloom. cannot wait. 

meh, there is always next year.

my daffodils looked quite droopy this morning, at least the ones that had bloomed. many more still havent bloomed, so i'm sure they will be fine. thankfully my garden is full of all sorts of different flowering plants that come up at different times. so when one type dies, the next type is right on its heels. my day lilies are growing nicely. will be another month or more before they bloom. cannot wait. 

It's a lot of time, effort and money spent on something that has a very low success rate (in this region, at least).

It's a lot of time, effort and money spent on something that has a very low success rate (in this region, at least).

You have to factor in what grows here naturally.  You can't expect to plant just anything you want and have it do well.  I'm not saying that you are doing that. Kinda like trying to grow oranges....ain't gonna happen, lol. 

I think your apples will be ok though.

Archived