April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm scared of global worming.

The planet has warmed and cooled for eternity

It's a cottage industry that mankind is a direct and deliberate cause of it

Mankind could be exacerbating it and the only valid question is to what extent?

Comparably mans effect is like 4 seats in a 50,000 seat stadium. Now if that's 4 seats of anthrax then that's a big problem and if its4 seats of beach sand then nothing and in between is in between

Euro still has a pretty good vort pass. Not closed off like the gfs though. And a little more dig would surely be beneficial. But those little details aren't ironed out yet. Tight spacing is tricky. Next 2-3 op runs will narrow the posts. If it's going to be a cold/crappy spring weekend I guess the best thing to do is root for the coldest and snowiest outcome. lol

Euro still has a pretty good vort pass. Not closed off like the gfs though. And a little more dig would surely be beneficial. But those little details aren't ironed out yet. Tight spacing is tricky. Next 2-3 op runs will narrow the posts. If it's going to be a cold/crappy spring weekend I guess the best thing to do is root for the coldest and snowiest outcome. lol

Exactly.  It's going to be a sucky day regardless.  At least snow would make it interesting.

I think we'd all rather it be 70 and sunny, but that's not going to happen.

Has anyone actually been outside today? It's pretty nice. All this complaining for like 24 hours of actually uncomfortable conditions.

Eh. I don't think I'd classify this as nice. I'm ready to move on from this breezy/chilly stuff and get back to 60s and 70s.

You can keep being snarky, but I do actually think of them, and prefer them not to be killed at this point in April. Sorry for being that guy.

I'm not being snarky.  Just having a little fun.  I don't wish damage to anyone's property,

I was 23.6F this morning, but I haven't noticed any damage to anything.  Infact, I've seen lots of green showing up on bushes and trees the last 2 days.  

Yup I posted that. The data is delayed. I posted it earlier but deleted it since I had posted it in the NYC subform.  

NCEP Operational Status Message Wed Apr 6 23:27:27 2016 GMTNOUS42 KWNO 062327
ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD
2326Z WED APR 06 2016

NCEP SUPPORT STAFF CONTINUE WORKING ON THE ISSUE GETTING DATA
FROM WCOSS TO OUR WEB/FTP SERVERS...SOME NCEP MODEL DATA AND
PRODUCTS ARE DELAYED BY 3-4 HOURS IN GETTING TO THE WEB. OTHER
DISSEMINATION METHODS SUCH AS NOAAPORT SHOULD SEE OUR MODEL DATA
ON TIME. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.

HANDEL/SDM/NCO/NCEP

Archived