• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

The widely ranging totals are to be expected in June.   The Va. State Climatoligst used to tell me. Jim, we have to go into the spring wet, otherwise it will be very easy to slip into drought. We went into the spring dry this year. Drought will be likely this summer unless we witness a complete reversal of the pattern....................  Will it be a drought disaster???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormy said:

The widely ranging totals are to be expected in June.   The Va. State Climatoligst used to tell me. Jim, we have to go into the spring wet, otherwise it will be very easy to slip into drought. We went into the spring dry this year. Drought will be likely this summer unless we witness a complete reversal of the pattern....................  Will it be a drought disaster???

I have heard the same for our parts. Very anemic severe season so far and just lack of rain overall. Which I’m partially okay with, I like to keep the hours down on my zero turn lol. 

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Dust bowl here. 

Getting pretty close here. Need some significant rain in the next week, or I will be dumping gallons of water into the soil. Grass will be toast anyway regardless, but all the plants are a pretty big investment.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Getting pretty close here. Need some significant rain in the next week, or I will be dumping gallons of water into the soil. Grass will be toast anyway regardless, but all the plants are a pretty big investment.

Truth. We laid down about 10 "squares" of sod about two months ago, to even up some garden beds in the front yard. I watered them religiously for two weeks straight and they took pretty well...but now at this point (along with the "regular" established grass in back/front yards), everything is starting to get that uniform, slightly-brown-from-underneath look to it. I expect that from patches in the yards...but I surely hate to lose that investment in the sod.

Having said that -- we did get about a 45 minute soaker early afternoon, and we have intermittent light rain and some rumbles of thunder moving through now.

0.65 here.  Definitely a soaker but we need much more (that is becoming a theme here LOL).

Had some nice gusts in the past hour, humidity is coming down.  Did not hear thunder here despite all the lightning strikes around.

We're close to the jackpot it looks like for this.  Puddles in the garden, and gutters overflowing in last run.  Checked and 4/5 downspots were literally stoppered with seeds.  Easy fix but usually biannual gutter maintenance works.  I guess with the lack of rain stuff gets clogged up good.  It's been a while.

Oh and how about that air quality?  Finally well into the green for PM2.5 here! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

0.65 here.  Definitely a soaker but we need much more (that is becoming a theme here LOL).

Had some nice gusts in the past hour, humidity is coming down.  Did not hear thunder here despite all the lightning strikes around.

We're close to the jackpot it looks like for this.  Puddles in the garden, and gutters overflowing in last run.  Checked and 4/5 downspots were literally stoppered with seeds.  Easy fix but usually biannual gutter maintenance works.  I guess with the lack of rain stuff gets clogged up good.  It's been a while.

Oh and how about that air quality?  Finally well into the green for PM2.5 here! :D

First sunset in a long time that's had no discernable haze in the sky. Nice deeper blue skies as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 32º said:

I measured 0.27 so maybe I need to clean out the rain collector on the WX station.

Def was hit or miss until 230-3 when a nice batch come up from the south, but the best missed me east. You are a little further west of me, I think, so it may have missed you even more. 

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Boy - SE PA huge winner. So close , so far.

Firmly believe the CAMs displace heavy rainfall too far south and west. Everything was pronged over us but it ended up over Delmarva and Philly. Always bet on the last minute north and east trend. 

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic