Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

29 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Wasn't expecting anything today here, but might pick up a bit from the decaying line. Amazing how dry it is despite getting 1.2" just a couple days ago. Well drained soil, long days, and big ass trees sucking up all the moisture.

I have received 5 inches in the last 10 days with the same results.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Wasn't expecting anything today here, but might pick up a bit from the decaying line. Amazing how dry it is despite getting 1.2" just a couple days ago. Well drained soil, long days, and big ass trees sucking up all the moisture.

That disintegrated quickly lol. 0.02".

2 hours ago, stormy said:

Wonderful rain for the D.C. folks. I am happy for your air cleansing.

But, don't be deceived into believing that .50 - 1.00" of rain will solve your drought problems.

I have received 5 inches in the last 10 days and it has not returned expected results.

So you're saying my 0.8 for the last 10 days has not ended my drought?  Dadgummit!

I'd like to see an early tropical system come into the FL panhandle and ride slowly up the coast while being squeezed by a cold front.

7 hours ago, Wxtrix said:

it’s much better out here. and some rain showers popped up but of course they missed my house.

53013001836_62afba6165_b.jpg

your house and mine must be on the same wavelength or something lol.  we have missed basically everything over the past week.

3 hours ago, stormy said:

Wonderful rain for the D.C. folks. I am happy for your air cleansing.

But, don't be deceived into believing that .50 - 1.00" of rain will solve your drought problems.

I have received 5 inches in the last 10 days and it has not returned expected results.

Ward 3 in DC is becoming our own little desert.  We got a brief shower today and that was it.

• H2O unpinned this topic

My numbers for the month of June, 2023

Averaged high was 76.0 degrees vs a normal of 80.3 degrees, a -4.3 degrees below normal and 3rd coolest recorded. The warmest temp was 85.1 degrees on the 27th. Averaged low temp was 52.6 degrees vs a normal 57.3 degrees, a -4.7 degrees below normal and 2nd coolest ever recorded here. The coldest temp was on the 9th with 42.0 degrees. Overall averaged temp was 64.3 degrees vs a normal of 68.8 degrees, a -4.5 degrees below normal and a new coolest June on record, beating 1992's 66.1 degrees. Total rainfall for the month was 3.34 inches vs a normal of 4.24 inches, a -0.90 inches below normal. The largest rainfall was 0.97 inches on the 23rd. There were 15 days with measurable, 1 day with a 'T' and 14 dry days. Highest wind recorded was 31 mph on the 17th. One new record besides the biggie of new low average, a new 'cool max' on the 22nd. Overall a cool and semi-dry month. Records kept since October 1979. 

• Like 8