• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

Well what I tell myself is we still have a few more runs for ticking.  I mean I was supposed to to go FL Tuesday and it probably wouldn't have been an issue but the person we're staying with now has covid.  Anything to fuck things up.   Hopefully this week brings more snow beyond Tuesday.

Winter Storm Watch

Northern Litchfield, CT

Southern Litchfield, CT

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING... * WHAT...Moderate to locally heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches possible. The highest snowfall totals will likely occur in the high terrain of the southern Adirondacks, southern Greens, Berkshires, and eastern Catskills. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. * WHERE...In New York, the southern Adirondacks, Mohawk Valley, Schoharie Valley, Helderbergs, Capital District, Ulster County and Greene County. In Connecticut, Litchfield County. In Massachusetts, Berkshire County. In southern Vermont, Bennington and Windham Counties. * WHEN...From Monday afternoon through Tuesday evening. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the Tuesday morning commute. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates could approach 1 inch per hour Monday night into early Tuesday morning.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Toss the 10:1 after 12z. The rates are meh and temps warm up.

I think once the sun comes up we can forget about accumulations with borderline temps for many. However, Many areas out in CT should exceed 10:1 ratios during the peak with heavy snow falling between 10pm and 6am so no effects of the March sun to worry about. Also most guidance has temps between 23-28 for the duration of the heavy precip just inland.  The driest guidance has about ..4-.5” qpf  with the wettest about .8-1.0” qpf. With a bit of ratios between 10-15:1 during the thump I think it’s a fairly easy widespread 6”+ for much of CT.  Also looks like great lift in the snow growth zone on hi res data.  Just my two cents.

• Like 5