Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

First positive trend for us in AEMATT in 2-3 days.

It was able to curl up some of that WCB too which took the precip hole away from SE MA and actually gave them part of the bigger snows…RI gets hammered that run too. 

That’s the key though…keep that shortwave just strong enough to curl in that moisture thump and have it run into that stout high…good fronto. 

Will alluded to this... when we're trying to squeeze out dynamics from this decaying thing, the slightest kink in heights determines 4-8 vs. 2-4 in southeast/eastern MA / RI...

0z NAM top, GFS bottom...

Don't think it's possible to realtime assess shortwave (currently over California) to determine which is more accurate

image.png.0fb1eb76e629c2f9d37a72b8e6e6c6fd.png

2 hours ago, George001 said:

This post 2016 stretch is making me start to understand the origin of Torch Tiger. He was once a snow weenie like myself, getting excited over every flake. But Torch Tiger began to notice that the local climate started getting warmer, and he found himself disappointed more and more often. Torch Tiger is quite a bit older than I am, so his spirit was already beaten down somewhat by the rat race that is life. Eventually, he reached a breaking point where he could no longer derive enjoyment as a snow weenie while deep down knowing that winters will get milder and milder as climate change accelerates. The competing forces of reality (climate change) and relentless (delusional) optimism began clashing, and this divide caused him great psychological distress. Eventually it became too much, and he went off the deep end. After his psychotic break, he was a changed man. The carefree snow lover he used to be was a thing of the past. Now, there is a darkness inside of him. He feeds off the sorrow of snow weenies, cackling to himself as he sees snow threat after snow threat slip away while while watching us snow weenies melt. He now loves warmer weather, the mere sight of deep red over the eastern US fills him with joy like snow used to. To him, all the record highs we have been getting represent something bigger, it is only the beginning of the death of the eastern US winter. He believes that deep down, even the biggest snow weenies know what is happening to our winters, and feeds off our misery. I have not gone off the deep end yet, but unfortunately the cracks are starting to show. I can feel myself slowly losing my sanity, with the darkness already starting to seep in to my psyche. I will do everything I can to fight it, but couple more ratters in the near future will be the end of me. My transformation will be complete, and a second Torch Tiger will join the board. Please, make it stop….. Just give me one epic winter in the next 5 years, just one to help me fight those demons.

Uuuuh yes you have in fact. On top of it you make statements about other posters like you know them, I don’t think they appreciate it. 
Every storm is a “blizzard” and now you just want everyone to rain out of spite. You’re all over the place. I think you need to take some self induced separation time from this board and come back a new person without all the over the top hyperbole 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Uuuuh yes you have in fact. On top of it you make statements about other posters like you know them, I don’t think they appreciate it. 
Every storm is a “blizzard” and now you just want everyone to rain out of spite. You’re all over the place. I think you need to take some self induced separation time from this board and come back a new person without all the over the top hyperbole 

Yeah, I overhyped storms but you know what? We have been getting quite a bit of extreme, record breaking weather especially post 2016. Blizzards? Not really, we had a couple sure but record warmth has been the dominating theme. Reality has actually been the exact opposite of the cold and snow I have been hyping, and with our changing climate the record warmth will continue. There isn’t anything we can do about it, so I’m going to embrace it. Enjoy your coating to 2 inches of snow on Tuesday and heavy rain on 3/4. Im really excited about it, I hope the gfs is right about 3/4 and you pour. 

• Weenie 3