Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I think once the sun comes up we can forget about accumulations with borderline temps for many. However, Many areas out in CT should exceed 10:1 ratios during the peak with heavy snow falling between 10pm and 6am so no effects of the March sun to worry about. Also most guidance has temps between 23-28 for the duration of the heavy precip just inland.  The driest guidance has about ..4-.5” qpf  with the wettest about .8-1.0” qpf. With a bit of ratios between 10-15:1 during the thump I think it’s a fairly easy widespread 6”+ for much of CT.  Also looks like great lift in the snow growth zone on hi res data.  Just my two cents.

Agree

Just an advisory here... ho hum

Hartford CT-Tolland CT-Windham CT-Eastern Franklin MA- Northern Worcester MA-Eastern Hampshire MA-Eastern Hampden MA- Southern Worcester MA-Northern Middlesex MA- Northwest Providence RI-Southeast Providence RI-Western Kent RI- Eastern Kent RI-Bristol RI-Washington RI-Newport RI- Block Island RI- Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Union, Vernon, Putnam, Willimantic, Greenfield, Orange, Barre, Fitchburg, Amherst, Northampton, Springfield, Milford, Worcester, Ayer, Foster, Smithfield, Providence, Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich, Warwick, West Warwick, Bristol, Narragansett, Westerly, Newport, and New Shoreham 259 PM EST Sun Feb 26 2023 ...

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM MONDAY TO 7 PM EST TUESDAY... *

WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches. * WHERE...Portions of northern Connecticut, central, eastern and western Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island. *

WHEN...The snow should develop between 7 pm and 11 pm on Monday night. Snow continues overnight and impacts the Tuesday morning commute. The snow will continue into Tuesday afternoon but gradually diminish in intensity and may even mix with rain near the south coast. In addition...temps rising above freezing will likely limit the impact for the Tuesday afternoon commute. *

IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The Tuesday morning commute is our biggest concern.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I think once the sun comes up we can forget about accumulations with borderline temps for many. However, Many areas out in CT should exceed 10:1 ratios during the peak with heavy snow falling between 10pm and 6am so no effects of the March sun to worry about. Also most guidance has temps between 23-28 for the duration of the heavy precip just inland.  The driest guidance has about ..4-.5” qpf  with the wettest about .8-1.0” qpf. With a bit of ratios between 10-15:1 during the thump I think it’s a fairly easy widespread 6”+ for much of CT.  Also looks like great lift in the snow growth zone on hi res data.  Just my two cents.

No issues prior to 12z. I just meant afterwards. The juicier guidance had decent SG for a time. I’m not sure the euro had the best SG except maybe briefly near the coast ironically. 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No issues prior to 12z. I just meant afterwards. The juicier guidance had decent SG for a time. I’m not sure the euro had the best SG except maybe briefly near the coast ironically. 

Ya no doubt after 12z we will struggle to add anything ..

lol upton advisory for only 3-5” here .. we usually get the upton reverse jinx so we should be good for 6-10” based on their forecast 

• Haha 1

From upton disco…

Forecast snowfall totals have been largely unchanged for NYC and
Long Island and nudged up slightly across the Lower Hudson Valley,
Southern CT and interior northeast NJ due to the increasing
confidence given the aforementioned trend in the secondary low.
Widespread Advisory level snow looks likely across the Lower Hudson
Valley, Southern CT and interior northeast NJ with 3-5 inches. Would
not be surprised to see this upward trend continue. 

yet they took numbers down from the 4-6” they had overnight? Makes zero sense 

• Thanks 1