Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Fingers crossed for you and the s and sw folks.  A warning level storm which change the tenor nicely and then we can hope for March 4, and then maybe winter will have arrived for the rest of NE.

Nam amped up a bit and was a tic or two north this run, You want to see this ramp up some as we start to get inside 36 hrs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nam amped up a bit and was a tic or two north this run, You want to see this ramp up some as we start to get inside 36 hrs.

Ramp up, but keep that mix line south of the CT coast. I do think that even if they do mix Tuesday morning the damage is already done in terms of snowfall.

This also looks like a more pasty snow than powder? @ORH_wxman

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ramp up, but keep that mix line south of the CT coast. I do think that even if they do mix Tuesday morning the damage is already done in terms of snowfall.

This also looks like a more pasty snow than powder? @ORH_wxman

I don’t think it looks that pasty until during the day on Tuesday. Soundings are keeping sfc temps in the upper 20s across most of CT during the best snows Monday night/predawn Tues. 

The south coast may be the exception where sfc temps creep closer to freezing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The NAM is in it's N-NW bias range ...  but if it gets other support would naturally arouse confidence

Yeah i certainly wouldn’t be forecasting NAM amounts here right now. 

It’s been the northern outlier since yesterday. It’s nice that it bumped north a little though instead of coming back toward consensus. 

RGEM is coming in now and not providing any support really. It did bump north but only marginally. It’s been consistently in the opposite spectrum as the furthest south model. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’ll gladly take the 7+ that the GFS and ICON are showing. 

36-48 hrs hours out and most of the guidance at 12z has a general 4-8/6-10 for the entire state. Hopefully, not much fluctuation from here on out, even a tick or 2 north and we should still do pretty well. I just had my second largest snowfall yesterday of 0.5". This one should Hopefully, at least double the seasonal snowfall here....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Don't see any reason to change from 4-8 statewide, most of the overnight runs support and increase confidence in that. Still a bit of time to go some may have to adjust a tick up or down depending. Will be looking a bit closer tomorrow to see snow growth and bufkit and fine tune a bit

OKX/BOX latest has nudged up numbers, we have a watch for Litchfield now. 

Tips fav, the Icon seems to be hitting that CT crack pipe at 6z, looks like 8-10 for the state, ha. 

StormTotalSnowWeb1_CT.jpg

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re going with 4-8” WCT leaving some wiggle room for crappy snow growth. A plowable event though is a win. 

Love the Southbury snow hole there, they know. At least there seems to be no red flags at this point....we actually have some wiggle room for a change.   

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re going with 4-8” WCT leaving some wiggle room for crappy snow growth. A plowable event though is a win. 

Will probably take up our 2-4” zone since our 2” floor is looking low today (by design). Hopefully everyone ends up near the higher end on this one.