Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

What does the "+" mean? I don't really get the open ended bounds or the feathering between contours. But that's just me lol

The public probably doesn't know what it means lol ..

To me it could mean there is more potential to reach the higher end and beyond rather than the 4" 

Or 

4-6" will be widespread with locally higher amounts, however you can just put that in font. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

The public probably doesn't know what it means lol ..

To me it could mean there is more potential to reach the higher end and beyond rather than the 4" 

Or 

4-6" will be widespread with locally higher amounts, however you can just put that in font. 

Yeah one station in CT now does this for every storm. It's bizarre. Just make a forecast and run with it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

What does the "+" mean? I don't really get the open ended bounds or the feathering between contours. But that's just me lol

ha.. just call the whole thing 4-10 and be done with it. 

I guess it's it means there's no defined boundary between intervals but in that case you could have said 4-6 and "-"6-10   haha

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Get that, so what would you say. 4" to 6" or would you say 4" to 8"? Also, do you think there's a chance that they would upgrade to a winter storm warning in Hartford tolland and Windham counties ?

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Get that, so what would you say. 4"+6" or would you say 4" to 8"? Also, do you think there's a chance that they would upgrade to a winter storm warning in Hartford tolland and Windham counties ?

I was just wondering the same thing. I'm surprised they didn't just wait til later this evening, or early tomorrow. Maybe getting out early after what happened yesterday??

10 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Get that, so what would you say. 4" to 6" or would you say 4" to 8"? Also, do you think there's a chance that they would upgrade to a winter storm warning in Hartford tolland and Windham counties ?

We have 4-8" statewide and verbalizing highest amounts most likely in the hills WOR. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

That sounds fair. Wouldn't we be on the cusp of a winter storm warning with four to eight inches? I would think winter weather advisory would dictate three to five, even three to six.

I think the threshold is 6" in 12 hours so we're pretty close to that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

I do not like the "+" without text explaining what it means...  Whenever I've used a + sign I will state exactly what I am trying to convey; 4 to 6+  most areas will be in the 4 to 6 inch range but there could be a couple of small pockets that reach 6 to 7 inch range.  I rarely do it, but if I do, I always explain it... 4 to 6+ may allow folks to think you are thinking 10 inches...

• Like 1

Not sure what's been going on with PSU but no 18z bufkit data again which kind of blows. My original forecast yesterday was statewide 3-6'' for Connecticut but starting to think that 5-7'' is going to be very common. Pretty impressed with the list which traverses the state during the overnight. Ratios looked very good too which is not a surprise given the lift. 

• Thanks 1