Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hey... Runnawayiceberg & hoarfrosthubb.. leave this guy alone. You guys are two bullies.  Let him have his meltdown... A lot of us are having our own meltdowns and doing it in our own way. Not sure why we find the need to comment negatively or to make a joke or of someone for your benefit. Grow up guys. 

A weenie is hardly bullying.   He can melt away.  We all do it from time to time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fuck this winter and fuck global warming. It’s always either record warmth or normal to slightly below. We can’t catch a damn break, if this winter rats and then next winter is a moderate or stronger El Niño then we will be waiting until 2025 for the next big winter potential. We need the SSW to save winter now. I had a lot of hope for this threat but it keeps trending in the wrong direction on the models.
What a melt. But I agree, it blows

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know we have discussed this before, and yeah it’s a little bit of voodoo. But it’s quite remarkable to me how every winter seems to have a tenor. Sometimes it’s not the whole winter and it’s just a stretch of it a.k.a. 2015.

In some winters, things just seem to go right. We’ve had stretches in 2013, 2015 etc when things worked out last minute. Other years it just goes completely wrong like this year. It’s just interesting to me how that happens. I guess that’s just weather and partly related to the long wave pattern. 

Yeah this seems to be one of those dogshit years….but as you said, we’ve had some brutally awful starts before and then turned it around. But it’s a lot harder to do in La Niña. Need a 55-56 ending or 00-01 ending. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hey... Runnawayiceberg & hoarfrosthubb.. leave this guy alone. You guys are two bullies.  Let him have his meltdown... A lot of us are having our own meltdowns and doing it in our own way. Not sure why we find the need to comment negatively or to make a joke or of someone for your benefit. Grow up guys. 

Eh, it’s all in good fun. Runawayiceberg and Hoarfrosthubb are chill and I’ve had good discussions with both of them. I had high expectations, probably too high and melted because I realize they won’t even come close to being met. If im calling for a massive blizzard and we end up getting a rainstorm, then they will give me a little shit for it. If they say it’s not gonna happen and we get a blizzard, I’ll give them a little shit for it. That’s how this board works, and I like it that way. I have no desire to have people walking on eggshells to try to avoid offending me or others.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

Eh, it’s all in good fun. Runawayiceberg and Hoarfrosthubb are chill and I’ve had good discussions with both of them. I had high expectations, probably too high and melted because I realize they won’t even come close to being met. If im calling for a massive blizzard and we end up getting a rainstorm, then they will give me a little shit for it. If they say it’s not gonna happen and we get a blizzard, I’ll give them a little shit for it. That’s how this board works, and I like it that way. I have no desire to have people walking on eggshells to try to avoid offending me or others.

I do value your enthusiasm.  Hopefully you get some good events this season.  

-from one weenie to another

• Like 2

Yeah this seems to be one of those dogshit years….but as you said, we’ve had some brutally awful starts before and then turned it around. But it’s a lot harder to do in La Niña. Need a 55-56 ending or 00-01 ending. 

Agreed on seasonal trends point. Was thinking of that yesterday when I saw this is the anniversary of the 96 blizzard. 95-96 winter was one my favorites growing up - textbook example of fairly consistent pattern.

It’s easy to think negative today, but hard not for the mind to wander and consider a true futility winter. If 2015 can happen, so can the opposite one of these years.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

What did I do but call out his non scientific reasoning that it can’t rain with a low along the BM in mid Jan. 

If you can’t stomach being tagged with weenies then it is you who needs to grow up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, George001 said:

None of our discussions are ill willed. It’s fun to poke at each other, especially in a down season. Trust, I can take it as much as I dish it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

None of our discussions are ill willed. It’s fun to poke at each other, especially in a down season. Trust, I can take it as much as I dish it.

Your right. I am was wrong. Guess I'm super touchy and frustrated too. I let my emotions get be ahead of me. 

Sorry man.

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Your right. I am was wrong. Guess I'm super touchy and frustrated too. I let my emotions get be ahead of me. 

Sorry man.

It’s all good. Dispensaries open up on Tuesday in CT. I suggest every weenie in the state order up and enjoy. I’ll even drop a goodie bag off at DIT’s house to mellow him out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

To try to put a positive spin on it, if we were to get one winter to be warm, this is a good one.   Saves on heating for many.   Lot less work regarding driveways etc.  

Not so good for skiers or snowmobilers or ice fishing etc.   

Lets wait and see on the bold.  We've had some very good skiing and skating in December.  No doubt it's been a rough 7 days and we'll be drawing down the balance we banked, but we're not deeply in the red just yet as far as winter activities go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s all good. Dispensaries open up on Tuesday in CT. I suggest every weenie in the state order up and enjoy. I’ll even drop a goodie bag off at DIT’s house to mellow him out.

Why buy in CT quarter 1/4 z limit. Mass is an full oz. Less shopping days and cheaper 

59 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I still think we see that flip. I won't buy this year ratting until it actually does.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

So a happy ending?

• Haha 1