Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m going to be crowdfunding reimbursement for my ski trip, which now looks like it will take place with us skiing on ribbons of man made snow, and nothing else

I’m only interested in trees and pow. We aren’t even remotely close to those conditions. Sad really. At least when it rats down here you can drive up North to a winter wonderland and shake the bad vibes. No respite in sight.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I don’t see how coastal areas (esp further south) salvage that storm. Still maybe a chance NNE and maybe interior SNE could get something but that’s looking bleaker but the cycle. 

I’m still dumbfounded by that 12z euro run. It completely took that TPV northeast lol. Just vanished. :lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m still dumbfounded by that 12z euro run. It completely took that TPV northeast lol. Just vanished. :lol:

One of those seasons where if some nuance can trend worse, it does. Hopefully both our luck changes and the improved pattern shown in the 11-15 happen. 

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We are lacking several key ingredients, including a fresh cold source.

Actually I would say there is a potential cold source to our north on Thursday. But the early wave phasing and slp through the midwest pushes it out of the northeast and deep into Canada.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ll get through this ratter and come out the other end…stronger, more resilient, and hopefully some will be less whiney. 

I try hard to not come off whiney, but it has been tough this winter so far....I love snow as much as the rest of the crew, but this winter is testing my patience....LOL

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

One of those seasons where if some nuance can trend worse, it does. Hopefully both our luck changes and the improved pattern shown in the 11-15 happen. 

I mean at some point climo says it's gonna snow, even in the worst seasons, esp interior into NNE. Snowmobile weenies in Pittsburg are ready to sell their gear and open the ATV trails. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I mean at some point climo says it's gonna snow, even in the worst seasons, esp interior into NNE. Snowmobile weenies in Pittsburg are ready to sell their gear and open the ATV trails. 

If we stick to La Niña, I think the only type of finish that can salvage the season is following a year like ‘55-56 or ‘00-01. 

10 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

A neighbor owns a home in Pittsburg. He told me it is the worse winter ever for snowmobiling. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is he as you in his 70’s.. or is he a younger dude?

I'm not in my 70's. And neither is he.  Dude you have this thing with age. Perhaps if you went to the gym and did some weightlifting you would feel better about your image, and it would improve your mental outlook..  Start with some 5 pounders , you wouldn't want to injure yourself...afterall you do have to do those IPA curls lol

• Haha 1