Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I had 4 storms of 12+.  Above normal for the season but mainly due to the size of the relatively few events.  I’d give it a B.

What other storms besides the blizzard last year? That was my only 12”+ storm. Jan 7th was maybe 8” here, you did have a great band that prob gave you a foot.

I can’t think of any others that got close there.  Feb 25th was around 9” here but we were close to jackpot. Most people had 6-8. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What other storms besides the blizzard last year? That was my only 12”+ storm. Jan 7th was maybe 8” here, you did have a great band that prob gave you a foot.

I can’t think of any others that got close there.  Feb 25th was around 9” here but we were close to jackpot. Most people had 6-8. 

I think I only had one 12” storm.   

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just saw 18z GFS. That’s one way to save the system for NNE. Not even that bad for interior SNE pike northward. Net gain there. 

Kind of hard to buy right now until more guidance trends that way. 

We really need one to break right, 12" on the season is not cutting it.

36 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We had a 13 to 14 a year ago today followed by 24 to 30 a couple weeks later.

Not in my backyard. Not even close lol. You had an excellent run.

23 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yup, Will never forget here 2-2.5"+ ice accretion, That night sounded like you were in a war zone with the dark sky lighting up blue with the sounds of transformers exploding and trees crashing.

icestormbeep.png

ice.jpg

Wow. Ice storm of yore. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Maybe we can deamplify this next signal such that this turns into more of an over-running event

That thought has crossed my mind too, The key is to keep getting the high to the north to build or hold instead of retreating, We also don't need the northern stream to roid out either.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just saw 18z GFS. That’s one way to save the system for NNE. Not even that bad for interior SNE pike northward. Net gain there. 

Kind of hard to buy right now until more guidance trends that way. 

I shouldn’t have looked at that, ha ha.  18-24”.  Sensibly that’s a bit different than 4-5 days of rain on the GGEM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I shouldn’t have looked at that, ha ha.  18-24”.  Sensibly that’s a bit different than 4-5 days of rain on the GGEM.

Yeah I’m hoping this system will at least be decent for NNE because the situation is going to be pretty dire there if they eat a 3 inch rainstorm. As bad as it’s been down here, it’s been sneaky horrific in NNE since about Xmas. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m hoping this system will at least be decent for NNE because the situation is going to be pretty dire there if they eat a 3 inch rainstorm. As bad as it’s been down here, it’s been sneaky horrific in NNE since about Xmas. 

Im mean 12z euro has us with "some" snow too which is positive

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Actually, no 12” storms.  The 1/29 blizzard I only got 10”

8.5” in that, biggest of the season. 30.25” total which is roughly 60% of normal. If we end below that this season it would be 3 in a row of BN snows where the following season is below the previous. I would think/hope this season would be the bottom. 

• Like 2