• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

Really can’t ask for a better HP in Canada (can it get any better than that??) and that’s what worries me. There continues to be a surface high off the SE coast—or said differently: our Canadian high extends all the way to Bermuda . Winds are easterly throughout. Major run to run constant is east Canadian cold that wants to escape east rather than drain south (a +NAO red flag). Also tendency is for the Canadian high to retreat rather than anchor. The 12z GFS was probably best run in this regard, so far and yet still a warm outcome for most. 

The surface temps on the 12z GFS are bogus with Easterly/southeasterly winds ripping all the way up to York Maine, starting at precip onset0z Friday. Way too cold. This run would be an end to end soaker for the sea coast of NH. 

Imo, still very unfavorable odds for big snows outside of Winne on north line across NNE. 

7B2602EC-809E-495C-8C29-C940B8FBF769.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing to stop that continued north trend. Likely coming way north . Still 4-5 days of trending 

I am still optimistic for after next week. I will not give up until March ( and I know everyone else feels the same, otherwise they wouldn't bother coming back on the forum each day ).

The life of a Winter Weather enthusiast. 

haven't been in the panic room yet, but I gotta say this is getting old hat really fast, nice looking sig, and as we close in, there's one mechanic or another that skunks us (at least SNE) out of at the least a plowable event... I was never a snowpack person, I'd be happy if we get a good storm, and it warms and melts, but we can't seem to manage that, and with me possibly being gone for maybe a month from mid January on, I may not see anything until late Feb... hoping for the best, preparing for nothing... I will say the lack of artic cold has been good as far as utility bills go, so plus there...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

This sums up the Tenor here in the last few weeks, and quite possibly one of the top 5 live performances ever!

https://youtu.be/Fz3S6cbP0Y8

We must have similar tastes according to YouTube. Two days ago I watched most of that concert. Great show and appropriate for our times. Screaming 80s....

2 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

haven't been in the panic room yet, but I gotta say this is getting old hat really fast, nice looking sig, and as we close in, there's one mechanic or another that skunks us (at least SNE) out of at the least a plowable event... I was never a snowpack person, I'd be happy if we get a good storm, and it warms and melts, but we can't seem to manage that, and with me possibly being gone for maybe a month from mid January on, I may not see anything until late Feb... hoping for the best, preparing for nothing... I will say the lack of artic cold has been good as far as utility bills go, so plus there...

I'm ready to move on to the February discussion... :maprain:

• Like 2

Two words nicely describe the Patriot prospects for today's 1pm match-up against the Bills:

dead                                                             meat

That's the forecast...   Maybe they can pull off a "Dec 23, '97" bust

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

GGEM and GFS generally held from 00z.

765DFFD4-227E-472D-ADF5-5E66903EFD27.thumb.png.2251983daaebf115fa2c02ffff4d8012.png

3E1C8BB0-3DE4-4086-845A-B08B4FB572E0.thumb.png.fa59d4e9d236505b1042e7e92378193b.png

Looks good for NNE. You thinking we see something similar to the mid Dec storm? Rain most of SNE, big snows NNE and the Berkshires. I’m thinking it’s going to be an elevation and NNE storm, with a low in Chicago.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

So this is what living in the Mid Atlantic is like, interesting.

Couldn't be anymore spot on.....brings back some rough memories of hardly any snow. Even when it did snow, it never stuck around for very long. The only year I remember was 96, even then it wasn't that great. 2003, I think? Was a good year too, but never stuck around for too long.